• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Time to reminisce

CamoMan

There has been a lot of evolution in saddle hunting and the forum recently as well as a bantering, praising, hating, loving, and laughter that I thought it would be a good time to go back and read some of the original threads that we started with. I find it is always good to ground yourself and always remember where you came from. The original threads were full of advice from people who are leaving the site to owners of current saddle companies. Back in 2014 when I found this forum I thought it was so awesome to find a community that was trying to further improve an already superior way to hunt, and now look how far we have evolved. I know there are differences between people just as there is in any aspect of life, but I hope that we can all rise above this and get back to being a community where we are coming together for a common goal of furthering saddle hunting and our enjoyment of the outdoors. All in all just remember where we started and how far and great it has been to get where we are today.

As my mom used to tell me.. Go do something constructive!! (Still not sure what this means lol)

God bless.

When I first joined, I clicked on the profiles of some of the long term members and scrolled back to their original posts. Was cool to see posts welcoming someone like g2 to the site and then seeing pics of him stitching his first sit drag and asking some of the same newbie questions I had. There was a lot of great posts from a bunch of other long term members from when they first joined and I learned a ton before asking any questions. Reading first hand how some of you guys started out puts my experiences in perspective and makes it a whole lot easier for us newer guys. And I'm always happy to see fellow hunters, DIYers and entrepreneurs be successful in their endeavors, whether I use their gear and ideas or not. Kudos to all the level headed folks on this site, it just doesn't matter.

Sent from up in a tree

Last edited:
This is still a awesome place. It doesn’t have the tight knit group feel anymore but it’s still a fun place. It’s funny you talk about reading old post. I used to do that because I ran out of new material. Now I never read all the new stuff.

After reading your post I thought of a few things. One being EVERYONE on this site was a newbie and had "green horn" questions" at one point or another and Somebody responded with an answer or gave direction to find the answer! You can do that now as well, albeit you may get smart-ass comment ( a good laugh is good for your health imo). Two new and innovative ideas happen every other day. That too holds true today, in part because new gear comes out every other day. Three... and I hope anyone(IF Anyone haha) reads this takes this the right way... Not one one person on this forum has come up with a new way to kill a deer dead! What I mean by that is whether you are in/on a Tethrd, Aerohunter, Yarak, Anderson, H2, Tactic, OOAL, Treehopper, Fleece, Sit drag, Wraptor/Wraith(nice work @Bwhana), platform, rings of steps..ect..they all died via very fast or sharp projectile. Those same dead critters can also be killed just as dead off a damn 5 gallon paIL! There is no one and all be all way to hunt. We all love new ways to hunt and be more efficient doing so.
As long as there are people willing to answer questions and people willing to take advice and or criticism on this forum. Then I believe this forum at its core has not changed.

Back