• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tingley boots with Yoder chaps question

Jordan121787

Looking to get a pair but I also need snake chaps to put my mind at ease. I hunt where there are a lot of cotton mouth, and I’m pretty scared of snakes. At the same time, I need some good hip waders. I see that they offer snake chaps vs a lightweight version. I watched DYI sportsman review and nutterbusters and both have said they were noisy. Are the snake chaps going to be way noises than the lightweight ones? Anyone have the snake proof versions? I plan on custom ordering to minimize the bulk at the top of the thigh.

Looking to get a pair but I also need snake chaps to put my mind at ease. I hunt where there are a lot of cotton mouth, and I’m pretty scared of snakes. At the same time, I need some good hip waders. I see that they offer snake chaps vs a lightweight version. I watched DYI sportsman review and nutterbusters and both have said they were noisy. Are the snake chaps going to be way noises than the lightweight ones? Anyone have the snake proof versions? I plan on custom ordering to minimize the bulk at the top of the thigh.
I can't help you with the snake chap part, but the Tingly boots part. If you can, I would try a pair of Tingly boots on to see if you like them before paying for the chap system. They are a little bit stiff, and may not be everyone's cup of tea. My local farm store had them, so I bought a pair. I like them quite a bit, and will get another pair for this year. The sole is slippery in mud, but good on ice due to the small lugs and soft soles. They lasted 2 years for me.
Good luck, and glad I don't hunt in snake country.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/g-2786-tingley-mens-airgo-ultra-lightweight-boot.html

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got my boots in today! Fits like a glove! Ordered the snake chaps and I got them custom sized for my short chicken legs. No rubbing or anything while I walk. Thanks @Nutterbuster for making the video and selling me on ordering a pair.
7E001D63-0D82-47D2-98B1-9A9855591EA5.jpeg

Got my boots in today! Fits like a glove! Ordered the snake chaps and I got them custom sized for my short chicken legs. No rubbing or anything while I walk. Thanks @Nutterbuster for making the video and selling me on ordering a pair.
View attachment 30621
Let us know how noisy they are once you try them out. Trying to decide which ones to buy myself.

I have been going down this road as well as a half size wearer with the Tingly Aerolites.
In a sneaker, I am a 9.5 or 10. I tried the Tingley's in both 10's and 9's and ended up going with the smaller size. I decided to do this with the boots only rather than the full chap setup just to test fits.
The smooth croc material tended to let my heel slip up which I would imagine would get worse in the muck.

Is there a Listed total weight of the lightest weight version of the tingleys/chaps combo? Or can someone verify?

Back