• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tired of Utilibridge?

Arrowsquirrel

SH Member
I'm hunting out of a homemade saddle I traded for here. I'm about 8 sits into the season and I think I might cut my amsteel utilibridge off. I'm having a hard time seeing any advantages at this point. I always put it at the same length when sitting. The tag end always has to be tucked in somewhere ever time I walk in or out, (tends to work it's way out.) It doesn't slide as well as webbing. It's not openable. Anybody else thinking the same thing?

I'm hunting out of a homemade saddle I traded for here. I'm about 8 sits into the season and I think I might cut my amsteel utilibridge off. I'm having a hard time seeing any advantages at this point. I always put it at the same length when sitting. The tag end always has to be tucked in somewhere ever time I walk in or out, (tends to work it's way out.) It doesn't slide as well as webbing. It's not openable. Anybody else thinking the same thing?

Never seen the need.

I see what you're saying but I actually like the ability to adjust my utilibridge especially for one sticking and the rappel down. I shorten it up considerably when climbing up and down and especially when I am transitioning from tether to the rappel line at the start of my rappel down. I will agree though one I'm set up at HH I really don't do much adjustment with the bridge itself for comfort etc. maybe I should try that more. So far I loosen it back up once at HH a bit and monkey with tether height thereafter.

I got the triad bridge on my kite and hate it, I only have 1 hunt with it but trying to shorten it up a little bit after its been loaded on a ROS is near impossible.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I made one the day after tethrd announced one was coming on their saddle. I’ve never moved it once..... I’d like to go to webbing but don’t trust it

Made one. Was underwhelmed. Tried a home made Triad. Didn’t like it.

Been using the 24” cypher (?) climbing sling DanO sells since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you use a climbing method like LWHC, SRT, etc. where a shorter bridge is advantageous, I don't see much use in and adjustable bridge.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Unless you use a climbing method like LWHC, SRT, etc. where a shorter bridge is advantageous, I don't see much use in and adjustable bridge.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I tighten the bridge all the way down for entering and exiting my setups. I’ll tuck the tag end in a pocket. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been climbing down and my fixed bridge catches the top of a stick about the time I’m mid climb in an aider.
Probably the biggest benefit is for the new guy that doesn’t know his correct length. Then there is the guy like me that hunts 90 percent of the time with a 30” bridge but tightens it down to about 25 when using traditional archery gear.

I made one the day after tethrd announced one was coming on their saddle. I’ve never moved it once..... I’d like to go to webbing but don’t trust it
What about tubular webbing do you not trust? It's pretty widely accepted as an acceptable material to dangle ones self from I've been using it for a bridge pretty much my entire saddle hunting "career."

What about tubular webbing do you not trust? It's pretty widely accepted as an acceptable material to dangle ones self from I've been using it for a bridge pretty much my entire saddle hunting "career."
No I trust the webbing but not my ability to tie/hook it up in a way that I know will hold onto my saddle. I trust my spliced amsteel girth hitches on both ends. Just don’t know a good attachment for webbing.

No I trust the webbing but not my ability to tie/hook it up in a way that I know will hold onto my saddle. I trust my spliced amsteel girth hitches on both ends. Just don’t know a good attachment for webbing.
I gotcha. I had a buddy sew mine up, but before that I used an overhand on a bight, if I remember correctly. Plenty of info on here if you look for it. I like webbing because it's cheap and easy to replace when it doesn't look great anymore.

I gotcha. I had a buddy sew mine up, but before that I used an overhand on a bight, if I remember correctly. Plenty of info on here if you look for it. I like webbing because it's cheap and easy to replace when it doesn't look great anymore.
I’m pretty sure someone here has a video “how to install a tubular webbing bridge.

I use tube webbing. Water knot on one side with a fold over sewed and then a tri glide on other side and I sewed one fold over so it can never slide out though it's never moved once since I got it wear I wanted.

I felt the same way. I cut my utilibridge off and replaced it with oplux. I tied a figure 8 knot on one side and took a Kong Duck and a carabiner on the other side. To me it was the best decision i ever made. Quick adjustment and not having to mess with that prussik after i sat down hard into it for One Sticking.

I use 2 climbing slings. Probably too redundant but ehh.
I like having my bridges removable so I don't urinate on them. :mask:

I put an Amsteel utilibridge on my saddle and don’t like it so far. Once I put weight into it, it’s really tough to get the amsteel prussic loosened up for adjustment. Impossible to do with one hand. Anyone else experienced this issue? I like the idea of adjustability but it’s not working out

I put an Amsteel utilibridge on my saddle and don’t like it so far. Once I put weight into it, it’s really tough to get the amsteel prussic loosened up for adjustment. Impossible to do with one hand. Anyone else experienced this issue? I like the idea of adjustability but it’s not working out

exact same issue thats why i switched to what i posted above.

Back