• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Top saddles

Michael4925092

I am new here and to saddle hunting this year. I built my own saddle for temporary use. I know the H2 saddle & the Teathered Phantom are the top 2 but H2 is 6 weeks out. What would your 3rd or 4th choice be if these 2 saddles were not available? I have a 30" waist if that helps any

You might want to do some more research. I have hung in your ‘top two’. They would be two of my last choices among today’s saddles.

A small Recon would be a good fit for you.
Latitude Method would work as well.
TX5 and Cruzr XC are really well liked, but I don’t have any experience with those.

Last edited:
What makes those the top 2? I have a Kestrel Flex and it’s a great saddle. If I was buying again it would be another flex or a Cruzr XC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The reason I say the top two is due to that is the only thing I have really seen reviews on that are good and the two that are talked about the most but I will definitely look into these two you have mentioned.

Thank you all for your advice I very much appreciate it! I have decided to go with the Cruzer XC after reviewing all the saddles. And they also have the best delivery times available as it only takes one to three business days to ship

I’d use what I had and creep the classifieds. Sounds like you are figuring out what you want, classifieds are a great way to try a variety of saddles and not get beat up if you resell.

I believe with this saddle I bought is exactly what I am looking for. I searched the classifieds before I decided to purchase this one. I checked on here, Facebook, archerytalk, and a few others and could not find one with a good review.

A popular choice. I'm in a Trophyline Ambush Pro which I did some mods to. It is very sturdy and well built, but now that I've been in it a year, there are some things I don't like. I am looking at Cruzr XC, Aero Hunter Flex, and Trophyline Covert for my next saddle. I thought I was down to the first two, then saw the pics of the Covert and it has changed most of the things I didn't like about the Ambush Pro. Decisions, decisions...

I am new here and to saddle hunting this year. I built my own saddle for temporary use. I know the H2 saddle & the Teathered Phantom are the top 2 but H2 is 6 weeks out. What would your 3rd or 4th choice be if these 2 saddles were not available? I have a 30" waist if that helps any
Definitely a new member. This is a good way to start a fight. :tearsofjoy:

A popular choice. I'm in a Trophyline Ambush Pro which I did some mods to. It is very sturdy and well built, but now that I've been in it a year, there are some things I don't like. I am looking at Cruzr XC, Aero Hunter Flex, and Trophyline Covert for my next saddle. I thought I was down to the first two, then saw the pics of the Covert and it has changed most of the things I didn't like about the Ambush Pro. Decisions, decisions...
I'm in a Covert saddle, loving it . Glad I hesitated pulling the trigger in a saddle. As soon as I saw the Covert, I fired away. No regrets.

I agree, I have a Trophyline ambush pro as well. While it is a great saddle that is well built, it has some more "Outdated" design decisions you can see they went away from with the Covert.

I think I am going to get a Covert and keep my Ambush pro for a buddy if they want to get into saddle hunting.
I will say, adding an adjustable bridge to the Ambush Pro seemed to help remedy a lot of the issues I was having.

Reactions: JDB
While I gave some gear complaints after finishing my first season in the saddle, my only beef with H2 is that my amsteel bridge seems to be fraying, and that's less of a saddle problem and more of an accessory problem.

I planned post a thread later, what I can tell you is it is not a splice end popping out, its legitimate fraying about where the tether caribener clips.

I came across this on YouTube
. He does a great job reviewing several saddles. After watching this I choose the phantom . He also posted this for download as well.View attachment 41194e also posted this for download as well.
thats a great comparison photo, i think theres still some things missing from the pro/con list, but a pretty good quick overview

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches, you can shoot 360° around the tree.
No platform required, only a ROS, no knee pads required, no sore knees, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........

Back