• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trading bows

TheYote

Guy at Mathews shop said he would take my year old in great shape vertix naked for a naked and new vxr 31.5 plus 1,000 bucks. The bow itself isaround 1000 . Or Is there something I’m missing

Last edited:
You aren't missing anything. Shop is basically giving you nothing for your bow. Not unusual, I've had shops do that to me before. Pretty weak offer tho.

That’s what I thought. I could sell it outright and get at least 500/600.

I’ve delt with the guy for the last five plus years. Always been reasonable. I figured I missed something this time smh

He must think you are slow...That's a crazy offer. I will take that vertix and give you $300 for it.
My emojis didn't show up. I am trying to be funny.

Good news since my initial post. Well I suppose it’s good. Bow shop called me back after a few days and said they would give me 500 for my vertix. That’s better than pretty much giving me nothing. They are also swapping my 6 inch stab for a 10 inch stab. They say it was just an even swap but I know better. Basically all I owe them is 400 cash plus my bow. Plus the 8 inch stab I’m also buying out of pocket

Good news since my initial post. Well I suppose it’s good. Bow shop called me back after a few days and said they would give me 500 for my vertix. That’s better than pretty much giving me nothing. They are also swapping my 6 inch stab for a 10 inch stab. They say it was just an even swap but I know better. Basically all I owe them is 400 cash plus my bow. Plus the 8 inch stab I’m also buying out of pocket
That's pretty reasonable for a shop.

I don’t understand why bows don’t hold their value. The depreciation is insane. It’s not logical to me.

I got a brand new VXR for less than that much less $1k and my old bow! In ambush green nonetheless.

I just bought a Realm SS for half what it sold for last year. Part cuz guy just wanted to move it and part cuz depreciation. The first year they really take a hit and smooth out after that. I sold an HTR this year for more than I paid for it in 2018 so there's that. Dunno why bows take such a hit. Like cars that way.

I don’t understand why bows don’t hold their value. The depreciation is insane. It’s not logical to me.

Pretty simple, supply and demand. More people that buy the new flagship every year or three than there are willing to buy them a year or two old.

Back