• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Traditional bear hunt from a kestrel

What a great video!! Congrats on a successful hunt and fishing trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great bear! But damn at them smallmouth! Woooo son. Awesome trip, I know you enjoyed that.

Congrats! It looks like you stuck him pretty much “middle of the middle”, way to go. Do you have any idea how much he weighed? Canada I assume?

Yes same place as last year in Canada. The small mouth bite was awesome. Many caught on top water and they were smashing it. The biggest weighed 5# even. Had a few in the 4# range and several 3s.
Wish we had a scale for the bears or even a place to hang them. It was a clean them on your tailgate deal. I have no reference of what bears weigh so I have no clue. So much hair, I can’t compare it to anything I know.

What broadhead were you using? For some reason I thought you were a simmons man? But that didn't look like a shark.

Congrats! It looks like you stuck him pretty much “middle of the middle”, way to go. Do you have any idea how much he weighed? Canada I assume?

Arrow exited in his arm pit and hit opposite leg. Found my broadhead about 10 yards from the shot. It was bent over and broke off behind the footing on my arrow shaft. His leg just snapped it off as he ran away. Arrow fell out at around 20 yards and he died at about 50. It was a grizzly single bevel broadhead on a grizzly stick arrow weighing in at around 670gr.

The fishing is amazing in Canada. I went on a fly in about 30 years ago. A fish every cast and we would catch several hundred walleyes a day. I would love to go on a black bear hunt up there but just don't have the time in spring right now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Congratulations on a great hunt and bear! Enjoyed the video and thanks for sharing that....I can see where practice on a solid black target would be good practice for bears with the trad bow...looks like it is not easy to pick a spot on them....Thanks again for sharing your hunt....

Congratulations on a great hunt and bear! Enjoyed the video and thanks for sharing that....I can see where practice on a solid black target would be good practice for bears with the trad bow...looks like it is not easy to pick a spot on them....Thanks again for sharing your hunt....
I locked in on a crease in the fluff! lol

Back