• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trail Camera buck antler development

No_Guarantees

This year I have noticed that the bucks I have on camera, antlers are developing behind par per pictures of the deer in my state and even around my location (South Central Oklahoma). I do not recall noting this in previous years. It is too far gone at this point to make a large impact on their growth in the near future but is there any knowledge that you men would have to share with me to prepare me for the off season?
Granted, the target buck I had was harvested by a neighbor last season and I do not currently have a buck that I want to harvest in terms of age. This matters because the oldest buck I have currently is 4+ years of age and by no means is ready for harvest imo.

Back