• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

trail cameras fogging during early morning pictures

Basiiczxx

My spy point link micros have been fogging since it started getting colder. Does anyone have any tips to prevent this?

How low are they positioned?
Anytime I set in low lying ground I tend to have fogging issues. We run a relatively high humidity throughout the winter, so when temps really dip lenses will fog over. Setting the cam 12ish feet up seems to help some, and I think it is because it gets sunlight on it earlier. Regardless, some weather patterns will do it no matter what you do.

Tiny drop off dish soap on the lense buffed in... Works for fogging snorkeling/scuba masks and eye glasses
Not sure if it'll work on trail camera but worth a shot

Back