• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Transformer saddle rope noise

MattMan81

SH Member
Anyone else get a pop noise out of there saddle? It the prussic side. Seems like the rope slides just a little on the D ring, and will make a pop sound. Like it just slides a little bit, and makes a pop sound. What have you done to remedy?

I don't remember getting a "pop" with my Transformer but I get one in the Method once in a while when reaching down to grab my one-stick...

I can't think of where it was coming from right now 'cause I've been hanging out in a TX5 for the last month and my memory is terrible. :rolleyes:

I do also, No answer to how to remedy. I’ve about 30 or so hours in mine at this point and starting to learn what I like and what could be better.

On the review video that was out prior to them being made in FL. The reviewer could make minor adjustments by sliding the bridge rope up and down the original round rings.

With the newer smaller rings it doesn’t appear this can be done, or I can’t do it.

Haven’t noticed that. Probably been in mine 50+ hours so far one-sticking.

Anyone else get a pop noise out of there saddle? It the prussic side. Seems like the rope slides just a little on the D ring, and will make a pop sound. Like it just slides a little bit, and makes a pop sound. What have you done to remedy?
@MattMan81 - mine doesn’t pop. It is one of the ones that @JCLINE84 made in March of this year but it has the small Cobra d-rings that look almost triangular, not the big circular d-rings. Mine has a Sterling OpLux bridge that I requested, and the bridge Prussic is Sterling TRC hitch cord. Is yours from the production factory he switched to later? Does it have a Sterling HTP bridge and latest (custom manufactured) d-rings? If not, what bridge and d-rings does it have?

Sterling bridge. Sterling prussic I believe. I picked it up later in the year. So the newer D rings. Looks like when it does it, I see the rope slides on the angle inside the D ring just a bit. I thought about some tape or something to make it not pop. Or maybe some wax on the rope? Will that harm the rope?

I do also, No answer to how to remedy. I’ve about 30 or so hours in mine at this point and starting to learn what I like and what could be better.

On the review video that was out prior to them being made in FL. The reviewer could make minor adjustments by sliding the bridge rope up and down the original round rings.

With the newer smaller rings it doesn’t appear this can be done, or I can’t do it.
Grab the d rings in your hands and push or pull them causing the webbing to move through them. You should feel the pressure shift between the top and bottom panels. You want to move the d rings, not the rope. That’s how I do it

I’m always unsure of how much I can say outside of the vendor section, but anytime you guys need to ask me a question you can message me, post in the vendor section, or call or text. Doesn’t bother me a bit.

I played with it some more. Can't really get it to do it like it was. I was set up kinda weird just off the ground that morning. The rope in the D ring was riding up towards the side. I can't seem to make it ride where it was. I re adjusted the prussic some, and put a little wax on the rope were it goes around the loop. Seems to have gone away. Probably the extra stress from all the Halloween candy my kids gave me.....

I played with it some more. Can't really get it to do it like it was. I was set up kinda weird just off the ground that morning. The rope in the D ring was riding up towards the side. I can't seem to make it ride where it was. I re adjusted the prussic some, and put a little wax on the rope were it goes around the loop. Seems to have gone away. Probably the extra stress from all the Halloween candy my kids gave me.....
I got one out and played around with it trying to get it to make some noise. I was able to get a popping noise when I made the Prusik slide in the d ring while I had all of my weight in the saddle. So I think I found the noise you were talking about. It like a little snap noise when the rope first starts to slide. Not really loud but annoying if it happened while a deer was close. I would bet the bow wax fixed it right up.

I don't remember getting a "pop" with my Transformer but I get one in the Method once in a while when reaching down to grab my one-stick...

I can't think of where it was coming from right now 'cause I've been hanging out in a TX5 for the last month and my memory is terrible. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'd say every saddle can make a 'pop' somewhere.
Knot sliding across a hem, or two seems rubbing against each other...

Honestly, I'd say every saddle can make a 'pop' somewhere.
Knot sliding across a hem, or two seems rubbing against each other...
I agree there’s always some type of noise wether your in tree stand or saddle there is always some type of sound. Nothing that’s gonna bother me to be honest if the deer gonna hear you there gonna hear you I hate Velcro so that’s the one noise I try to do with out

Back