• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Traveling from rural to urban

BambiSniper

Hey guys pretty new to the site in terms of interacting, but I’ve been watching from the sidelines for a good bit. This will be my first full season in the saddle and very exited for it.

Been brain storming this for a good bit and wanted to see what some of you had to say. I’m sure there have been other threads that I may have missed but thought it would be beneficial to some to have a more in depth explanation on urban bowhunting.

I’ve never tried it but have thought about giving it a shot this year. Not sure whats so intriguing about it but might as well cross it off the bucket list.

Yes we all know there are guys living in suburbs/city that travel into the country to fulfill their hunting itch but a lot of times urban hunting can be just as good as out in the country, sometimes even better! Just curious if theres anyone that travel into urban areas to hunt? Also what tactics would some of you recommend? Private? Public? There’s a 40 acre woods in the middle of town near me and it’s owned by the city, any chance it’s legal to hunt? I know it will vary from state to state or even by city, but just curious if it would even be worth looking into. I know there are controlled hunts put on by most states but just seeing how anyone went about trying to diy hunt urban deer.

Thanks for any replies in advance!

Back