• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treehopper ROS is amazing!

Jay_Disarray

SH Member
Got into saddle hunting last summer, and all year I just used the top of my stick as a platform and 1 sticked up. Made it very convenient because I can throw the aider over my shoulder and carry the stick, no need for a pack or extra stuff.

But I needed something for my feet. I wore steel shanked boots and that wasnt so bad with just the stick. Then I made a steel stick top platform from angle iron, and it worked but it was heavy.

I've read about how great a ROS is, but couldn't justify the price tag on them compared to a platform. But I finally picked up a set of the treehopper steps and I'm sold.

A ROS is awesome, I can move 360 around the tree, quickly and quietly, and they fit into a pouch nicely
Screenshot_20200224-165422_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Got into saddle hunting last summer, and all year I just used the top of my stick as a platform and 1 sticked up. Made it very convenient because I can throw the aider over my shoulder and carry the stick, no need for a pack or extra stuff.

But I needed something for my feet. I wore steel shanked boots and that wasnt so bad with just the stick. Then I made a steel stick top platform from angle iron, and it worked but it was heavy.

I've read about how great a ROS is, but couldn't justify the price tag on them compared to a platform. But I finally picked up a set of the treehopper steps and I'm sold.

A ROS is awesome, I can move 360 around the tree, quickly and quietly, and they fit into a pouch nicely
I agree, try putting a pair 3-4 inche apart. Huge difference in comfort......

My perfect set up is both a platform for comfort with three steps for mobility.
Those steps look sweet.

I agree, try putting a pair 3-4 inche apart. Huge difference in comfort......

yea my test tree i was using is way larger than anything i would hunt from, ill give it a try.

Those steps look sweet.

they really are, i love how they made the sides of the steps with an indent and a point to make gripping from the sides of them easy.

How do these compare size-wise to Squirrel Steps? Anybody have both and can take some side-by-side pictures?

I just got a couple of these steps to supplement my OOAL platform. Haven’t tried them yet but I’m sure excited to. They’re a lot nicer than i thought they would be from a quality standpoint. Going to try a regular pinch strap first but if that doesn’t work I’ll have to order the cam buckle or whatever it’s called. And maybe a couple more steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the treehopper website, it says, 'By filing down one of the wings they can be altered to nest together with the strap. Call for details.'

Has anybody done this yet?

On the treehopper website, it says, 'By filing down one of the wings they can be altered to nest together with the strap. Call for details.'

I just got a couple of these steps and they nested together right out of the box. They won’t do this if there’s a strap through them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thank you sir. I am liking these steps a lot, and looking to get them slightly more packable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

yea i just called treehopper and spoke to Mark, he got them filed down for me before shipping out

the new ones come already modicied i know tbis is an old.thread but i nust got a set.

Back