• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Treesuit build

hangloosehogs

I have been hunting out of a tree suit for almost 15 years! I found this site just a couple months ago and has gotten my brain working I am in the midst of a full mod out of one of my two treesuits! Waiting for the rest of my supplies. I will be adding a amsteel bridge, predator tether with ropeman 1 and modding the waist belt so it has two webbing loops for a predator lineman's belt also with ropeman 1! I will also be sewing mollie loops onto the fabric of treesuit to hold a drawstring pouch on both hips to contain my ropes and maybe a water bottle! I think I am going to go with a woopie sling for my bridge I would like to be able to lenghten it so I can put up around my neck while walking in and out of stand trees last thing I will do is sew somesort of bungie or buckle straps to hold the base up on my back around my waist! Is there anyone else out there still hunting out of a treesuit and or modded one like I am working on? I have tried a couple other styles but always fall back to the hard seat I feel like it is by far the most comfy i have sat and leaned on just so many different positions I can find so comfortable throughout my all day sits! Im not looking for the lightest saddle out there because no matter what it sure beats carrying a climber or hang on any day! I sit a different tree each time into woods and you just cant beat a saddle! I am looking forward to seeing just how sweet I can make this set up and getting rid of the bulky ropes that came stock on the suits! but will always keep one of the two stock just because it has always worked!!

Last edited:
I have been hunting out of a tree suit for almost 15 years! I found this site just a couple months ago and has gotten my brain working I am in the midst of a full mod out of one of my two treesuits! Waiting for the rest of my supplies. I will be adding a amsteel bridge, predator tether with ropeman 1 and modding the waist belt so it has two webbing loops for a predator lineman's belt also with ropeman 1! I will also be sewing mollie loops onto the fabric of treesuit to hold a drawstring pouch on both hips to contain my ropes and maybe a water bottle! I think I am going to go with a woopie sling for my bridge I would like to be able to lenghten it so I can put up around my neck while walking in and out of stand trees last thing I will do is sew somesort of bungie or buckle straps to hold the base up on my back around my waist! Is there anyone else out there still hunting out of a treesuit and or modded one like I am working on? I have tried a couple other styles but always fall back to the hard seat I feel like it is by far the most comfy i have sat and leaned on just so many different positions I can find so comfortable throughout my all day sits! Im not looking for the lightest saddle out there because no matter what it sure beats carrying a climber or hang on any day! I sit a different tree each time into woods and you just cant beat a saddle! I am looking forward to seeing just how sweet I can make this set up and getting rid of the bulky ropes that came stock on the suits! but will always keep one of the two stock just because it has always worked!!

I also have two treesuits. I tore one down with the intentions of doing these modifications. What I can tell you is the end result ends up being a tree seat or bosuns chair. It is functional, but you can make it for 10.00 out of plywood and tubular webbing. You take away some of the unique features of the treesuit in doing so. I will revisit this project some more in the offseason to tinker, but in the meantime you can check out the thread I have on the topic.

I LOVE my tree suit. based on your profile pic, it looks like you have the model just before mine. mine has all webbing straps except the linemans(safety) rope. I've never really had an issue using the single loop in the center for the LB, just needed to center my body over each step as I climb up to clear the next one. I honestly like the double tether points and find it tires my core muscles less becuase I dont have to stady myself laterally a much. I used it a bunch early season this year. I've thought about a bridge, but it seems to work jsut fine for me--even shooting trad.

Looking forward to seeing your mods!
2018-12-13 14.51.42.jpg2018-06-24 14.24.14.jpg
2018-12-13 14.55.43.jpg

Last edited:
I also have two treesuits. I tore one down with the intentions of doing these modifications. What I can tell you is the end result ends up being a tree seat or bosuns chair. It is functional, but you can make it for 10.00 out of plywood and tubular webbing. You take away some of the unique features of the treesuit in doing so. I will revisit this project some more in the offseason to tinker, but in the meantime you can check out the thread I have on the topic.
Thats why I will only mess with one of the two I have both are GEN 1 treesuits! I wonder how the bridge will feel different from the two ropes going to tree I worry that it will not be as stable in tree but I also believe it will give me more mobility I guess we will find out and if I dont like it I can put it back to stock and I will have all the goodies to create another style of saddle!

Hey hangloosehogs,
I am a treesuit guys also. I bought one, years ago (13??). I have built 2 myself. I bought the feet stand also, but years ago I replaced it with a lone wolf V-bar seat climber. I am about to post another thread showing how I climb with mine. I am new to this site, but like you, have been hunting from a saddle for awhile. Thought I would share the techniques I have been using (good, bad, ugly).

Bob

Hey hangloosehogs,
I am a treesuit guys also. I bought one, years ago (13??). I have built 2 myself. I bought the feet stand also, but years ago I replaced it with a lone wolf V-bar seat climber. I am about to post another thread showing how I climb with mine. I am new to this site, but like you, have been hunting from a saddle for awhile. Thought I would share the techniques I have been using (good, bad, ugly).

Bob
Yeah Man, would love to see some pic's and or video cause we love visuals here at the saddle... lol!!!

Hey hangloosehogs,

Bob
Did you have the tree suit "v" climber or the cable? I have the cable, it works ok, but is finicky. I've been keeping my eyes out for a v to try out. Welcome, and thanks for posting!

I still have mine and I also have the transporter that hold all the straps together on the back of the seat. I am the original owner never did like their climber. Talked to the owner of the company years ago when they were sending out the buckle to hold the stap from coming apart and he told me the someone fell out of the Treesuit that was the reason for the extra buckle. Not to long after that they went out of business. What a shame.

I use sticks to climb tree and like screw in steps for my platform have tried a couple different setups and just fall back to steps i like to be able to swing around tree freely and feel steps offer the best bet also they are compact! I use 4 steps 2 on side of tree and two inbetween those on my side of tree! I am just about done with mods and will post pics soon!

I too still have the first generation Treesuit and am looking for a way to modify it to be more like the saddles that i am seeing now. Trying to figure a way to make the webbing be the bridge and use a tether made from either a saftey line with a Prussic knot that I already have or buy one from one of the saddle companies. Vtbow I have the same foot c;\limber and never could get it to work right, thinking about using it as a platform on a perment setup though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Look forward to seeing your mods Vtbow and more videos from BobinTn.

I still have mine and I also have the transporter that hold all the straps together on the back of the seat. I am the original owner never did like their climber. Talked to the owner of the company years ago when they were sending out the buckle to hold the stap from coming apart and he told me the someone fell out of the Treesuit that was the reason for the extra buckle. Not to long after that they went out of business. What a shame.
Yeah, it is a bummer. If you double back the waist belt like you're supposed too, really no way to fall out. I honestly think I'm committing next season to hunt the tree suit exclusively. The standoff allows for cold weather gear and no knee pads, and it packs remarkably well. I also like the tethwr points coming so low and forward, give more room in my opinionfor a trad bow.

I too still have the first generation Treesuit and am looking for a way to modify it to be more like the saddles that i am seeing now. Trying to figure a way to make the webbing be the bridge and use a tether made from either a saftey line with a Prussic knot that I already have or buy one from one of the saddle companies. Vtbow I have the same foot c;\limber and never could get it to work right, thinking about using it as a platform on a perment setup though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Look forward to seeing your mods Vtbow and more videos from BobinTn.
the person I got my platform from had threaded an old ameristeps strap through it with a crank strap instead of the cable to use as a platform. I'm guessing an ocb buckle would work great. I'm going to order a summit climber cable and see if I can make the clime work more smoothly this summer. I'm really a ros guy, but this platform is tiny, so their might be some good applications.

Used mine this morning for the first time in awhile and was wondering the same thing, "How can you fall out of it if you are using it correctly?"

I used 5/16 amsteel which i know everyone uses 1/4 but for 20cents more a foot thats what i used for my bridge i created a fixed loop on one end and made a woopie sling so i can adjust if needed and also wanted to be able to make long enough to drape over neck while walking! I made my tether and linesmans belt out of samson predator with ropeman 1s and black diamond caribiners! I then sewed a mollie loop along back side to hold drawstring pouch for ropes i think i will order another pouch and do the same on other side also! Then i got a nice climbing belt with quick release buckle and sewed tubular webbing onto that to create linesmans loops!im not so worried about weight seeing no matter what i will be lighter and more compact than anyother form of stand but more worried about comfort and saftey! I really like the solid seat rather than just fabric and the many ways you can adjust for different feels through out the sit! I also have a small butt cushin on a strap that i put around tree at knee height for a kneeling stance im not a fan of knee pads and the butt cushin can be used for ground hunting if needed! I just got done with these mods and have not hung from a tree yet with them seeing how its -12 degrees today but will give an update as soon as i do!

Back