• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tripod stool?

Vtbow

Looking for a folding tripod stool to use with my ghost blind this year. I was looking at the ameristep swivel for $20, but it got some bad reviews..

anyone have one they love? just looking for a good, solid, cheap folding tripod stool....

Thanks!

-

Look at Chama stools...they are one of the best seats for blinds that I've ever had. Sold mine and boy o boy they are expensive.

Thanks, thats similar to the one I was looking at. I like the adjustable legs on the swivel ones, but dont need the swivel....probably buy a cheapo and see how much it sucks.
I've spent a bunch of hours on mine. Squirrels, hogs, ducks, deer, and beer drinking on the river. The fabric at the bottom of this one helps keep it from sinking in the muck. I just spray it clean with a water hose once I get home, and leave it in the sun to dry.

I bought it while I was in college. Probably had the same one for at least 6 years now?

I've spent a bunch of hours on mine. Squirrels, hogs, ducks, deer, and beer drinking on the river. The fabric at the bottom of this one helps keep it from sinking in the muck. I just spray it clean with a water hose once I get home, and leave it in the sun to dry.

I bought it while I was in college. Probably had the same one for at least 6 years now?
nice. Thats exactly what I wanted to hear about the webbing at the bottom. Bought an Alps outdoorz one on amazon that looked exactly the same $18 to my door tomorrow from amazon. No complaints there!

Cheap tripod chairs are the worst. I have one of those cheap $10 ones from Cabela's and I'd rather just sit on the ground. Once they've had a few hours of sit time, they start to sink in and then everything just starts getting pinched. They're great for my 6 year old when we go fishing though.

Cheap tripod chairs are the worst. I have one of those cheap $10 ones from Cabela's and I'd rather just sit on the ground. Once they've had a few hours of sit time, they start to sink in and then everything just starts getting pinched. They're great for my 6 year old when we go fishing though.
yeah, Thats why I bought the one like @Nutterbuster suggested with the webbing around the bottom to keep it from sinking...

BUT, I came up wit ha Nif-t-seat! So Im PSYCHED to try that out!

The walkstool brand is great both in comfort and quality. I picked up one off fleabay used for less than half price. I’ll be using the 65 cm on an elk hunt in a couple weeks as a ground chair.

The walkstool brand is great both in comfort and quality. I picked up one off fleabay used for less than half price. I’ll be using the 65 cm on an elk hunt in a couple weeks as a ground chair.
Shhhhh dont tell everyone about the walkstool... the saddle effect will kick in and they will never be in stock.
But seriously the best stool I've ever used for blinds or glassing. Wont ever buy anything else.

Back