• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline ambush lite review

74gtf100

So far I have probably 8-10 hours total in my trophyline ambush lite saddle. I'm 5'7" and weight 195lbs and I got the medium/large sized saddle and it fits great. Tonight i was in it for 4 hours total. A good mixture of leaning and sitting and both were very comfortable. I didnt experience a little pressure that most would refer to a hip pinch but it wasnt bad. Not nearly as bad as my back would hurt from sitting in a hangon stand motionless for hours on end. The saddle gives me the ability to shift my weight around and keeps me comfortable on longer sits. The one thing I definitely want to get or make is a back recliner strap so I can relax a little more. I think with a back strap I could easily fall asleep in the saddle it's that comfortable. I really like the pouches the trophyline kit comes with but I added 2 olive green mag dump pouches I got off amazon for $10-12 each. I keep those on the sides and put my tethr, carabiners, paracord backpack tether to hang it in the tree, and my linesman belt in them. The zipper pouch from trophyline I stuck at my 6 o'clock position and keep my aider, strap for my tree knee pad, and bow pull up cord in it. Lastly the long bottle pouch I keep about 4-5 o'clock and I put things like another shorter aider, my keys, and it still fits a water or soda bottle pretty well. I can see why tethr saddles are more money just because of the added adjustability to make it 100% fit you as much as possible but for the money and no lead time the ambush lite is an awesome saddle.

Can you comment on the weight and bulk while wearing it to the tree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you comment on the weight and bulk while wearing it to the tree?

It's pretty light weight and not bulky at all. About line wearing a smaller hunting fanny pack

It's pretty light weight and not bulky at all. About line wearing a smaller hunting fanny pack

How much gear are you attaching onto the saddle? Wondering how it handles a with some weight in those pouches like if the belt loosens while walking.

How much gear are you attaching onto the saddle? Wondering how it handles a with some weight in those pouches like if the belt loosens while walking.
I've got my tether, linemens belt, 3 aluminum carabiners, a stainless steel carabiners. 3 s Biners, 4 mini S biners, a couple hookless pulltype straps, my glock 19 with full magazine, a heroclip, self retracting gear hoise, and a thermos. All in all the saddle with everything attached to it probably weights 10-12lbs and it doesnt sag when walking

I've got my tether, linemens belt, 3 aluminum carabiners, a stainless steel carabiners. 3 s Biners, 4 mini S biners, a couple hookless pulltype straps, my glock 19 with full magazine, a heroclip, self retracting gear hoise, and a thermos. All in all the saddle with everything attached to it probably weights 10-12lbs and it doesnt sag when walking

Wow. Much better report than expected. Thanks.

Can you take a picture of how you got it all setup? Also how do you manage getting things out of the zipper pouch when it's behind you? I'm trying to a picture of a better setup.

I like that we're the same size and you're happy with the fit. How are you positioning the tether and bridge during your setup?

Have you found a way to silence the bridge strap buckle while walking?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I put the small pouch on the bottom molle on the closet loop to the linemans loop. and the rectangular pouch it do the same on the other side. I leave the back for my retractable line, loops for sticks etc.

Can you take a picture of how you got it all setup? Also how do you manage getting things out of the zipper pouch when it's behind you? I'm trying to a picture of a better setup.

I like that we're the same size and you're happy with the fit. How are you positioning the tether and bridge during your setup?

Have you found a way to silence the bridge strap buckle while walking?

To silence the buckle I either pull the bridge tight/shorten it so its like a second belt or fold it and use an office binder clip to keep it in place. As far as getting into the zippered pouch at my 6 o'clock I just get into it by feel. I'm used to working in dim conditions at my job so I've gotten pretty good at doing things by feel. I like to put the tether about chin height. I run my prussik up kind of close to where its attached to the tree so it's a comfy height for sitting and I leave it there for leaning. I'll try to get some pictures tonight of it setup and me wearing it tonight.

Gotcha. I played with mine last night after Amazon delivered my second ascender. I decided to try moving the zipper pouch over to the left edge near the lineman's loop to stow both the lineman's and tether. I moved my bottle holder over to the right to hold my grunt call and future other stuff. I like carrying a fanny pack with my small stuff so I can spin it and reach everything inside for now.

First sit this morning. Stayed about 3 hours. No discomfort, but I wasn’t like this is next level compared to my sit drag.

I did like how well it carried pouches and how tight the belt kept everything in place. Added a fleece pouch and my Doyle’s. No crazy amount of weight but I didn’t even notice it walking in and dodging brush.

I was on a leaning tree but I sat and leaned probably equal time. Stepping through to put on/take off is a bit of a downer but the thing is solid. Gonna try a straight tree for the afternoon hunt.

Still debating on canceling my H2 saddle. I was hoping I would have had a moment of saddle clarity that would make the decision for me but did not.

Btw had two spikes moving upwind and disown wind for 10 minutes before moving on. They were within 15yards and spoiling each other. Didn’t know I was there or didn’t care.

Back