• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline Ambush Pro

Hhicks18

298ea4d7114f6bfe72dee7223acd5ab5.jpg

So TL dropped the ambush pro and I just couldn’t help myself. What are everyone’s thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

298ea4d7114f6bfe72dee7223acd5ab5.jpg

So TL dropped the ambush pro and I just couldn’t help myself. What are everyone’s thoughts?

Can't even lie... i pulled the trigger on it. I wonder how long it takes to ship with it being marked as ready to ship?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Got my lite about a week after ordering. I kinda wish i would have waited and got the pro i really like the camo pattern. Shipping was quick though.

I’ve been hunting out of the pro for about 2 weeks, you are gonna L-O-V-E it. It’s the only Saddle that I find can rival the comfort of the old Leather RoadTrips TL. And it’s much lighter than the leather. It’s even slightly lighter tan the ambush lite.

I’ve been hunting out of the pro for about 2 weeks, you are gonna L-O-V-E it. It’s the only Saddle that I find can rival the comfort of the old Leather RoadTrips TL. And it’s much lighter than the leather. It’s even slightly lighter tan the ambush lite.

Do you feel the “pro” model is more comfortable than the ambush lite ?

I myself could not find a way to get comfortable in the ambush lite regardless of what adjustments I made.

I like the build quality of the saddle just couldn’t make it work for me.

For you guys that love it I’m interested in how you make it comfortable.

I ordered the Ambush Pro a few days ago and (i edited my original post because apparantly i was thinking about todays date and put it into the ordered spot) just got the shipping text! Now I'm antsy for delivery! This addiction is ridiculous!

Last edited:
Didn't you just order a Flex also? 21 posts in and two different saddles ordered. That's about the right ratio. Welcome to the club.
I did! ETA for flex is christmas-ish. Trophyline is the other one that someone recommended to me so went with that as well. I'll have to test them both out and choose a favorite. At least with the ambush pro, ill get a feel for how everything works. A little late season hunting with the ambush pro and hopefully some second archery season hunting with the flex. Next up, hawk heliums!

Interesting, I would have thought the mesh would be lighter. Nice to see they are selling the pouches now too.

Interesting, I would have thought the mesh would be lighter. Nice to see they are selling the pouches now too.
I bought one of the vintage pouches but not really happy with it. The grommet on the drawstring of a side pocket was falling out when it came in the mail. The Molle attachment points come unbuttoned every time I use it. It’s just the right size to hold a ros. The Molle loops on my saddle are really tight so it’s never actually come off but on my kite I’m sure it would be lost by now.
@Jefferson10940 how do the new pouches attach?

I bought one of the vintage pouches but not really happy with it. The grommet on the drawstring of a side pocket was falling out when it came in the mail. The Molle attachment points come unbuttoned every time I use it. It’s just the right size to hold a ros. The Molle loops on my saddle are really tight so it’s never actually come off but on my kite I’m sure it would be lost by now.

I was referring to the new pouches, not the vintage stuff.

Sorry just seeing this. The new pouches have snaps. Which when I was told that I was disappointed because I never had any luck with the old one staying closed. But I was assured that the new TL went through a handful of snaps before approving them fro production. And so far no one has come undone. I have both saddles so 4 pouches and I like I said I have not had one come undone yet.

What worked for me on the old ones was super glue!

Back