• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline Bridge mod

River44

Has anyone ever modified the bridge on trophyline saddles? I’m considering taking the webbing bridge and turning it into loops on each side with glue and stitching. That way I can add my own amsteel bridge to slide through my carabiner easier. Thanks for any help/ advice.

Following as well. Was considering doing something like this as well at first . The more i practice different shooting positions the wider webb bridge doesnt bother me as much as orignally. Still considering it though just because id like to experiment with different bridge lengths

After my initial response I started thinking about just using my JX3 bridge... I use that on my sitdrag DIY as well.

I just cut the webbing bridge off and attached bridge to the linesman’s loops. Gave more even pull of weight IMO and cupped better.

171313dbe1ae94904f86339edc868e7a.plist

Sent from parts unknown

I just cut the webbing bridge off and attached bridge to the linesman’s loops. Gave more even pull of weight IMO and cupped better.

Sent from parts unknown
what kind of buckle is that?looking to do the same thing

It was a random 2” plastic clip I had lying around. You can use a thread puller to take out sewing and and you get more length from the wastebelt.

Sent from parts unknown
The plastic holds up ok? Im worried about cracking it or something then being with out a waste belt

The plastic holds up ok? Im worried about cracking it or something then being with out a waste belt

Held up fine for me. I actually sold it not long ago. That being said the waste belt isn’t load bearing so it’s only there to keep the saddle up and on you while wearing. You could always go with a cobra buckle if you want something beefier

Sent from parts unknown

Thanks! Ya i like having it on when climbing so it aint sagging all over. Ill check out the cobra buckle thanks again

Sent from parts unknown
What do you mean by pull of weight? Sorry I’m new to this. I got one of these as a deal and I’m going to try it this year. The bridge is the main issue that I’ve heard people have. You said it cupped better too, do you think it’s a more comfortable set up overall? I may try this and leave the bridge on for now

What do you mean by pull of weight? Sorry I’m new to this. I got one of these as a deal and I’m going to try it this year. The bridge is the main issue that I’ve heard people have. You said it cupped better too, do you think it’s a more comfortable set up overall? I may try this and leave the bridge on for now

When I say pull I mean it feels like it pulls more evenly from top and bottom making it cup more. If your thinking about trying it, do like you said and leave factory bridge on and try a bridge from the linesman’s loops. That’s what I did before I cut it off.

Sent from parts unknown

When I say pull I mean it feels like it pulls more evenly from top and bottom making it cup more. If your thinking about trying it, do like you said and leave factory bridge on and try a bridge from the linesman’s loops. That’s what I did before I cut it off.

Sent from parts unknown
Will do. I appreciate it!

Tried out the adjustable rope mod for a bridge just using my current linemans belt(at ground level with my platform) on the lineman loops. absolutely loved it. Wasn't an hour later i order some samson predator lol

Only thing i need to play with now is how to run my lineman. I did away with the carabiner and attached directly to the right hand side. Dont really think 2 ropes attached all the time will be great. Might just have to go to a carabiner will see

Tried out the adjustable rope mod for a bridge just using my current linemans belt(at ground level with my platform) on the lineman loops. absolutely loved it. Wasn't an hour later i order some samson predator lol

Did you notice a change in how the saddle cupped/fit/comfort?

Also, I was listening to that trad bow hunting podcast and an arborist on there said ropes for bridges, particularly amsteel blue, I know you said predator, are not good bridges. They are not meant to take friction. He suggested a webbing bridge. I might build me one like DIY sportsman out of some strong doubled small webbing.
as far as having two ropes on one side, yeah, that'll be tough. I climb with a LWHC so I don't really even use my lineman's unless I come across a branch I cannot get past with using two ropes. You could always keep two attached, but one tucked away in a molle bag

Also, I was listening to that trad bow hunting podcast and an arborist on there said ropes for bridges, particularly amsteel blue, I know you said predator, are not good bridges. They are not meant to take friction. He suggested a webbing bridge. I might build me one like DIY sportsman out of some strong doubled small webbing.
as far as having two ropes on one side, yeah, that'll be tough. I climb with a LWHC so I don't really even use my lineman's unless I come across a branch I cannot get past with using two ropes. You could always keep two attached, but one tucked away in a molle bag

Your not really putting a bridge under a lot of friction, if any unless your sitting there rotating you hips back and forth and even then I doubt you could ever create enough friction to cause any real damage. Plus, the only friction would be from running along a carabiner, not rope on rope. An arborist is constantly moving to work around branches and what not whereas a hunter is, or should be, sitting still 99% of the time.

Sent from parts unknown

Your not really putting a bridge under a lot of friction, if any unless your sitting there rotating you hips back and forth and even then I doubt you could ever create enough friction to cause any real damage. Plus, the only friction would be from running along a carabiner, not rope on rope. An arborist is constantly moving to work around branches and what not whereas a hunter is, or should be, sitting still 99% of the time.

Sent from parts unknown

TRUE. I was just relaying the info I learned.

Yes i did it cupped much better it feels almost "tighter but since they are out further theres no hip pinch. It also seemed to make the saddle feel like it was riding up higher so i moved the saddle down a little and fit great. The only real hip pince i got was from the orignal bridge getting bunched up on the side. Once i get my permanent set up and alittle more practice that will be cut off and not a issue

Yes i did it cupped much better it feels almost "tighter but since they are out further theres no hip pinch. It also seemed to make the saddle feel like it was riding up higher so i moved the saddle down a little and fit great. The only real hip pince i got was from the orignal bridge getting bunched up on the side. Once i get my permanent set up and alittle more practice that will be cut off and not a issue

I just tried it in my backyard: First I tried using the rope from the lineman's belt with a VT knot and that was great. Like a whole new feel. It'll need some time testing, but I have that. Second, I tried attaching my bridge from my JX3 Hybrid - again, awesome.
And if I put a stopper knot so that the rope around the lineman's loops stays lower (or higher) it's almost, dare I say - Adjustable!
Thanks for the push to try this out.

Back