• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline covert

Jefferson10940

Staff member
Vendor Rep
SH Member
I have been hunting out of one since mid October. Here is a place you can ask me questions and I can respond

I saw one question that asked if the center webbing was elastic, no it’s not. But no it doesn’t cut into me at all.

The saddle is super comfortable, the only thing I changed was I ditched the prusik on the bridge for an ascender.

Also the waist belt was made super long to fit more people, I cut it down and remelted the ends.

And don’t forget use the code
HangtimeTL10 for 10% off all TL orders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the fiddle factor on finding the right settings (tether height, bridge length, and leg strap position)?. It took me a lot of sits to dial in my settings on the Ambush Pro.

What is the fiddle factor on finding the right settings (tether height, bridge length, and leg strap position)?. It took me a lot of sits to dial in my settings on the Ambush Pro.

It is nothing like the ambush pro. Took zero adjustment to find comfort. I do collapse it down when I lean. I’ll pull the bottom webbing up to the middle webbing. And pull it out when I sit.

It’s impossible to compare this and the ambush. The bridge loops extend past your hips so there is zero pinch

I only adjust the bridge length if I move the tether higher. Which I do if there’s a branch or crotch to wrap over.

Do you have any better pictures? It would be nice to see how the leg straps attach

c2ede666408a98c23ad562cda1d3c24a.jpg

ffa62d6134ab3fcc718b2bac77672286.jpg

7d98ad54a0122288356c5ac35592f61e.jpg

The leg buckles come off the lower Molle

So this has a pleat like the flex?
Can you compare largest size to a kestrel flex?
When is it coming out?

Thx

There is not a pleat. I have a size 2 flex in my garage and can take some pics later for you. Release date isn’t announced but it won’t be long. But we won’t release a date until the warehouse is stocked and ready. Shawn prides himself on not over promising and under delivering.

There is not a pleat. I have a size 2 flex in my garage and can take some pics later for you. Release date isn’t announced but it won’t be long. But we won’t release a date until the warehouse is stocked and ready. Shawn prides himself on not over promising and under delivering.

so no pleat but...... Does the new saddle width equal a flex size 2 in width...... when the flex is expanded?

Nice, just saw this on fb yesterday and being I’ve hunted out of the original TL Tree Saddle sense they came out I’m really looking hard into this. Really want to know the comfort difference between it and a H2!

Definitely would appreciate pics and measurements compared to flex size 2. Especially the end to end distance on lineman belt loops. My messed up shoulders have limited mobility in that direction.

so no pleat but...... Does the new saddle width equal a flex size 2 in width...... when the flex is expanded?

With the flex closed, the saddle is basically the same size (TL is 15” and flex is 14.5”) but the TL bridge loops extend out longer by 1.5” each side. This for me makes it more comfortable. Loop to loop TL is 41” flex is 38”

When flex is expanded the flex is 17” top to bottom.

Flex size 2 and TL Covert L/XL

@sojourner

Nice, just saw this on fb yesterday and being I’ve hunted out of the original TL Tree Saddle sense they came out I’m really looking hard into this. Really want to know the comfort difference between it and a H2!

H2 is one of the few I have not tried so I can not give you any comparison. I have always said the Leather Roadtrips TL was the most comfortable saddle ever .... I’m changing my tune.

Last edited:
H2 is one of the few I have not tried so I can not give you any comparison. I have always said the Leather Roadtrips TL was the most comfortable saddle ever .... I’m not changing my tune.

Indeed it was. I sold mine to a close friend that was looking to get into saddle hunting and wish I had another one honestly. What I loved about the one I had was that even though it was a size too big this allowed it to sit higher on my back and act as a brace and it came more forward past my waist creating no hip pinch.

Indeed it was. I sold mine to a close friend that was looking to get into saddle hunting and wish I had another one honestly. What I loved about the one I had was that even though it was a size too big this allowed it to sit higher on my back and act as a brace and it came more forward past my waist creating no hip pinch.

See the edit I AM changing my tune. This covert is effortless comfort

With the flex closed, the saddle is basically the same size (TL is 15” and flex is 14.5”) but the TL bridge loops extend out longer by 1.5” each side. This for me makes it more comfortable. Loop to loop TL is 41” flex is 38”

When flex is expanded the flex is 17” top to bottom.

Flex size 2 and TL Covert L/XL

@sojourner

Thanks for the info..... sounds like TL is on the right track. I’m not a fan of the new Ambush

Back