• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline Venatic Saddle

There was a staggs review. Can’t find it now. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About to see what this thing is all about. I am impressed right out of the box. Stay tuned.
ebf82b2dc50f03dbd8c8ff5de4c95934.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I love everything about the looks of this saddle.....but BLACK? Seriously? There are so many earth-tone colors available in ripstop, there shouldn't be a stitch of black in that saddle.

With that said, TrophyLine is the OG for most in my generation and it's awesome to see them making waves. I sat in a 2007 made Neoprene saddle for a decade...picked up a Covert Prime last winter as soon as they released. Unfortunately it's still in the box and I haven't had a chance to even sit in it yet. One of the main reasons I ordered that saddle asap is because of the color pallet used...its perfect. I made comments on their instagram about the ugly black and red on the covert...then they released the gorgeous prime. Had to encourage that behavior with a buy. Part of me understands that alot of product color design is simply advertising and being able to pop out on an instagram/social media post. I guess that kind of makes me hate the color choices even more.

I'm just one nobody with an opinion though....I hope they sell a tone of these.

I love everything about the looks of this saddle.....but BLACK? Seriously? There are so many earth-tone colors available in ripstop, there shouldn't be a stitch of black in that saddle.

With that said, TrophyLine is the OG for most in my generation and it's awesome to see them making waves. I sat in a 2007 made Neoprene saddle for a decade...picked up a Covert Prime last winter as soon as they released. Unfortunately it's still in the box and I haven't had a chance to even sit in it yet. One of the main reasons I ordered that saddle asap is because of the color pallet used...its perfect. I made comments on their instagram about the ugly black and red on the covert...then they released the gorgeous prime. Had to encourage that behavior with a buy. Part of me understands that alot of product color design is simply advertising and being able to pop out on an instagram/social media post. I guess that kind of makes me hate the color choices even more.

I agree, black was a terrible choice in my opinion as well. Looking forward to some reviews of it though!

You're not the only one who doesn't get it. Maybe check out a Wood Hunting Saddle. Trophyline fan, but there's a lot of hype here that seems like hype. Not something I usually associate with Trophyline. Maybe it'll hold up. Still I agree, make a neutral saddle. Feel the same about the TN Blackbelt, but padding at least interests me more than ripstop, even when the rubberized MOLLE seems like a nice add.

Cruzr did similar, but not as bad, with having black or silver as the only options on the XC. I find it annoying. I don't always need full on camo patterns, but neutral earth colors are important to me. I like to hide from humans as much as I hide from the critters, at least on public.

I was in the same boat. I wasn't a fan of the all black. I thought if they did the molle in a different color it would have been a little better. Alas, hunting isn't a fashion show, and the deer don't care what color your saddle is, I suppose unless it is blue. I just don't like the idea of a black blob, seems like it could stick out to other hunters more than anything. I wanted to try it out, whatever color it was. I sat in it for 15 mins or so tonight, and did a few climbs, including a one stick climb and rappel. It checks a lot of boxes and performed well. I specifically was interested in it because of the packability and the weight. I don't typically wear my saddle in, so being packable, and still relatively comfortable was important to me. In the quick 15 mins I sat in it, I would say it isn't as comfortable as some of my other saddles, specifically my Method 2, Overwatch Orion, or Cruzr XC, but it's still pretty comfy. Quality seems great. It definitely wins in the packability and weight categories. I like the band of rubberized molle. The rubberized waistband is nice. It kept the saddle where I wanted it, and seemed to help keep it up on your waist even when the saddle was loaded up. It prohibits the "saddle shift" as I call it. I really like the rip stop fabric, just wish it was ranger green or something like that. I am looking forward to the Venatic pouches, I assume those will be rip stop fabric as well, hoping they are roomy enough. All in all I like the saddle from my limited first impression and I am looking forward to getting some actual hunting time in it this fall. My future hunting buddy also approves.
ce125ab126e9d85ea315b1b0ff448c10.jpg
5f7501e6639e814c47ef65eed4369bdb.jpg

I was in the same boat. I wasn't a fan of the all black. I thought if they did the molle in a different color it would have been a little better. Alas, hunting isn't a fashion show, and the deer don't care what color your saddle is, I suppose unless it is blue. I just don't like the idea of a black blob, seems like it could stick out to other hunters more than anything. I wanted to try it out, whatever color it was. I sat in it for 15 mins or so tonight, and did a few climbs, including a one stick climb and rappel. It checks a lot of boxes and performed well. I specifically was interested in it because of the packability and the weight. I don't typically wear my saddle in, so being packable, and still relatively comfortable was important to me. In the quick 15 mins I sat in it, I would say it isn't as comfortable as some of my other saddles, specifically my Method 2, Overwatch Orion, or Cruzr XC, but it's still pretty comfy. Quality seems great. It definitely wins in the packability and weight categories. I like the band of rubberized molle. The rubberized waistband is nice. It kept the saddle where I wanted it, and seemed to help keep it up on your waist even when the saddle was loaded up. It prohibits the "saddle shift" as I call it. I really like the rip stop fabric, just wish it was ranger green or something like that. I am looking forward to the Venatic pouches, I assume those will be rip stop fabric as well, hoping they are roomy enough. All in all I like the saddle from my limited first impression and I am looking forward to getting some actual hunting time in it this fall. My future hunting buddy also approves.
ce125ab126e9d85ea315b1b0ff448c10.jpg
5f7501e6639e814c47ef65eed4369bdb.jpg

That's a joyous photo. It's already working out for you. Get a monster from it!

If the deer see the black they see you
Exactly. Deer see contrast more than anything. Anything other than all black or all white. Almost all other colors are just shades of gray....but black and white are defined contrasting and they will pick up on that.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

If the deer see the black they see you

I think you may be over thinking it, but I’m no expert. Look up in the woods and you will see so much black. They pick up in your movement regardless of color.
This saddle checks a lot of my boxes.

I think you may be over thinking it, but I’m no expert. Look up in the woods and you will see so much black. They pick up in your movement regardless of color.
This saddle checks a lot of my boxes.

I’m making the same point u are the color of that saddle is irrelevant to the deer and only
Matters to those who wear it

I think movement is more crucial, but I think there’s seldom times I want to be on either end of the spectrum black or white, I much prefer middle of the road for most hunts. Like I said, I think movement trumps all, but….
I’ve also had a few home brews.. so idk :laughing:

Black may be fine….. but walk thru leafless hardwoods in late November and look up. All you will see is shades of gray of the tree trunks with the sky in the background. Black may work better when leaves are still on the tree or in evergreen tree settings. I shy away from black hunting products as much as possible in the trees. I get movement is your number one enemy when hunting but black can cause a lot of contrast to make movement easier to pick up.

my opinion….. black is no good. Companies should always go with earth tone colors.

Sounds like I need to cut the black out of my ASAT gear.

Back