• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline Wingman vs EWO Ultimate Stick w/ UP

Hellir

I currently have the trophyline wingman. I purchased it because it had recently come out and the EWO UP was always backordered when I checked or sold on here. I used the wingman all last season and it was great. I’m just curious as to how the EWO compares. Always like to try new things.

It looks like the wingman has more surface area on the actual platform. But does the built in standoff to the UP make a big difference? I’m debating on selling my wingman to try the EWO or just adding the EWO standoffs to my wingman.

Just curious what y’all have and what you think. If anyone lives close to Nashville that has an EWO UP and would be willing, I would love to test it out.

Thanks friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d like to know how they compare also. I have the Wingman with EWO standoffs which do give you a bit more room.

I’d like to know how they compare also. I have the Wingman with EWO standoffs which do give you a bit more room.

So I ended up just purchasing both to test. They’re both in but EWO forgot to add my bottom step in the package so I have to wait for that to fully test them. But, with the EWO standoffs on the Trophyline, it gives you a little over an inch more off the tree. The only thing I’m skeptical with the UP platform is the width is a lot smaller than the wingman. Sure the angled part of the UP is 13.5” which is nice but then it drastically narrows down for the remainder of the platform. May not be a problem for some, but I have size 15 feet. So I’m interested to see what it’s like. And in terms of weight, they’re practically the same. I got the 18” stick from EWO. Trophyline’s is 17”.

I’d like to know how they compare also. I have the Wingman with EWO standoffs which do give you a bit more room than the stock standoffs.

I’d like to know how they compare also. I have the Wingman with EWO standoffs which do give you a bit more room than the stock standoffs.

How did you get the EWO stand-off of the top step? Did you have to grind off the tips? How does it feel stability wise? I’ve thought about putting the standoffs on the trophyline. It gives you about an inch more height off the tree.

Yes just grind them off, no problem have probably 30 hunts on this setup this year. Stability is good.

Yes just grind them off, no problem have probably 30 hunts on this setup this year. Stability is good.

Does the top standoff rotate then, since it doesn’t have the edges?

It doesn’t spin fully around. So if standoffs are level at 9:15 on a clock for example, they could only spin to approximately 11:20 of i remember correctly

Back