• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Truck build

Weldabeast

SH Member
Are u guys interested in me documenting my project I'm going to be starting on here in a little while? I'll be happy to let u guys follow along if there is anybody interested but won't bother if there isn't that many grease monkeys. Not exactly a hunting related thread but it will be my daily driver/hunting truck when it's finished.
Plus i think u guys would probably help keep me motivated and on track to finish sooner rather than later

Sure. Why not? How detail of a build? What kind of truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am industrial equipment mechanic and its replacing steel cable for over head hoisting and bumper winches...good stuff in those applications
I remember learning of amsteel years and years ago when it first was available for winches. It only came in blue back then. I've seen it fail and cause injury from the whipping action but I do believe that guy would be dead with steel cable

The truck currently is a 1987 f250 light duty 2wd. 4.9 inline 6, 2wd C6, sterling 10.25 open diff with highway 3.?? gear ratio. Stock and in pretty good shape. I've had the head rebuilt on the engine and she runs like a top minus vacuum line leaks.

Parts donor is my old rock truck. 76 f150, 87 ranger cab, 408 windsor, C6, np203/np205 doubler, dynatrac dana 60. The stroker motor is going on the engine stand for a future build and the rest of the drivetrain I'll swap to the f250. Leaf spring suspension front rear to keep it simple and make the build finish faster
Screenshot_20210419-084936_(1).pngScreenshot_20210419-123240_(1).png

Parts donor is my old rock truck. 76 f150, 87 ranger cab, 408 windsor, C6, np203/np205 doubler, dynatrac dana 60. The stroker motor is going on the engine stand for a future build and the rest of the drivetrain I'll swap to the f250. Leaf spring suspension front rear to keep it simple and make the build finish faster
View attachment 47104View attachment 47105

Now you’ve got my interest!

I'll follow along! It'll give me motivation to get mine done. I could probably take some pictures of mine too but I'm not too big on the camera wizardry, especially with greasy hands.

What u got
'41 Chevy Pickup sitting on an S-10 frame with a mildly built 350 (cam, headers, heads, bored). 4L60 that came with the 4.3 the S-10 had in it and I think it's got 3.73 non limited slip but I'm on the lookout for an 8.8 out of an explorer or something. I might leave it one wheel peel until it's all together. I have a long ways to go and too many other projects.

Last edited:
Back