• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Truck Claws are Awesome

cpeaden

I love a product that I want to tell fellow saddle hunters about. Truck Claws are awesome! I have no connection to the company other than being an extremely happy customer. Their product has saved my bacon many times when I have been alone deep in the woods (including twice last week). Here is a link to their website https://truckclaws.com/. You can get Truck Claws from many online sources. I do not want to take a vehicle off road unless I have Truck Claws with me.

Looks pretty useful

U may cost me some $

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks pretty useful

U may cost me some $

Looks pretty useful

U may cost me some $

Several times this past hunting season and in a few previous hunting seasons I would have spent a miserable night in the woods, but these Truck Claws got me out within setup and break down time (~15 minutes). For me it was well worth the money.

Several times this past hunting season and in a few previous hunting seasons I would have spent a miserable night in the woods, but these Truck Claws got me out within setup and break down time (~15 minutes). For me it was well worth the money.

U use it in sugar sand or mud?

U use it in sugar sand or mud?

I have used my Truck Claws on both mud (a lot of times) and sugar sand (a few times). I have a heavy 2 wheel drive truck. (I want a 4 wheel drive but can't afford it yet.) I have the kit of two Truck Claws (for the rear wheels) and then the two extensions. So far, there is only one time when they have not helped me get unstuck and that was when I accidently got on the edge of a recently plowed field so it was all loose powered dirt (which I guess is like sugar sand) and that time even the extensions dug a hole. (There are no guarantees other than death and taxes.) That one time I was able to get someone else with a 4 wheel drive and a long winch to pull me out.

I have used my Truck Claws on both mud (a lot of times) and sugar sand (a few times). I have a heavy 2 wheel drive truck. (I want a 4 wheel drive but can't afford it yet.) I have the kit of two Truck Claws (for the rear wheels) and then the two extensions. So far, there is only one time when they have not helped me get unstuck and that was when I accidently got on the edge of a recently plowed field so it was all loose powered dirt (which I guess is like sugar sand) and that time even the extensions dug a hole. (There are no guarantees other than death and taxes.) That one time I was able to get someone else with a 4 wheel drive and a long winch to pull me out.

Cool

These FL WMAs are 49% sugar sand & 49% mud with only couple% normal roads

Seems like a 2x4 with a hole on each end and a ratchet strap would do the same. I’ve seen people cut a sapling and tie it around the wheel like that before.

Seems like a 2x4 with a hole on each end and a ratchet strap would do the same. I’ve seen people cut a sapling and tie it around the wheel like that before.
Yes, many people have made their own equivalent of Truck Claws using 2x4s and ratchet straps and I have seen videos of that. Just like many people make their own saddles and climbing sticks. I am sure the home made version can work fine. However, the professionally designed products are often better thought out, and generally works better for most people. I am sure Truck Claws were inspired by those 2x4 videos. Before I ever heard of Truck Claws one of my buddies got his truck stuck and we tried to ratchet strap 2x4s to his tires (as he had seen in videos). I know it made some progress, and I know we got plenty dirty, but I can't remember whether it was that which got him out, or whether it was one of the many other things we tried that night. (I know that friend got my truck stuck last season, and after which we used Truck Claws to get unstuck, he went out and purchased a complete set of Truck Claws for his truck.) I also know of and have purchased and tried one competing product that was available before Truck Claws, but that other product was rubber with straps rather than aluminum with straps, and that other product did not have the extensions, and my one use of that rubber product pretty much tore it up. So there are many other ways to get unstuck, but for me the Truck Claws have been great.

Cool

These FL WMAs are 49% sugar sand & 49% mud with only couple% normal roads

Yep, I live in Florida and mostly hunt on Florida WMAs. I also hunt in Georgia which seems to be about the same. The Truck Claws have helped me in both states (but many time in Florida).

Back