• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Truck Tires

enkriss

SH Member
What are recommenced tires?

currently have Nitto Ridge Grapplers

looking at Nitto terra grapplers or Goodyear wrangler duratracs

Need something good on dry/wet/snow. I am in the northeast and commute 100miles/day. Also need to be capable on rocky muddy trails.

love my duratracs, I live in Minnesota and so far they have been great will buy them again when the time comes. but I think you will find good reviews on both tires

I’ve had several sets of terra grapplers and liked them. Got atleast 50k of miles before replacing.

Currently have ridge grapplers and they have been better for me in the rain & woods. They’re new so don’t have a mileage life to give yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had several sets of terra grapplers and liked them. Got atleast 50k of miles before replacing.

Currently have ridge grapplers and they have been better for me in the rain & woods. They’re new so don’t have a mileage life to give yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 48k on my ridge grapplers. I wasn’t real impressed with the wet or snow performance. They also tend to wander at highway speeds a bit. They also had this weird flat spotting issue if they sit for a while in the cold especially up to about 10k miles ago. The do very well off-road and I am impressed by the tread life I have gotten. But looking for something better.

Falken wild peak at3 are the only tires that will go on my trucks..like them so much bought them for my wifes new Suv..durutecs didnt last long for me..not even 40k with proper rotation and balance religiously..have yet to use my 4x4 since i got the wildpeaks

Another for Falken AT3's. Best tire I've had on a truck/jeep and I've owned just about every brand of tire.

I run general grabber hts60s on my suburban. Have great wet traction and haven't done too bad in the snow, but I don't get as much snow here in VA as you do. Before that I ran Nokian Rotiva ATs, those tires were awesome. Only reason I switched was they were a bit too aggressive for my needs but might be perfect for what you're looking for. I put about 60k highway miles on them.

I like my Michelin LTX AT2's here in Michigan. I don't do much offroading but they are great for dirt roads, pavement, wet, snow, ice, etc.

Factory warranty is 6 year or 60k miles, which is pretty impressive IMO. So far they've been great tires. I rotate them every 10k.

General Grabber AT2. Do great in the snow (3 Peak Rating, w/ stud ability), drive great and quiet on Highway, no hydro-plain in rain, and do good in the wet and sticky red clay we got here in VA. Ohhh... and most important, much cheaper than some comparable tires.

Mastercraft courser mxt are awesome in mud, don't have a lot of time in snow tho cause I'm from Sc. There a cheaper tire in price but last for ever on my Toyota.

Another vote for General Grabber AT2. At the time they were same price or cheaper than Nitto Terra Grapplers which would have been my next choice.

Continental Terrian Contact. Put them on my Ford Excursion last spring. Pretty quiet for an AT tire. Haven't got me stuck in the mud out hunting.
I did a lot of reading before I got mine. All the other ones guys have said on here are good tires. Continental had a rebate on them when I went in. That's why I picked them. The Nitros or falkens were my next choice.

Back