• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

True game changer!

Not buying one, but very innovative!

I saw this too, then looked at the price tag. Wow! It is truly innovative and a bit risque' (sp?). I would assume most people understand you cannot release both arrows at once.

It is way too heavy for me as a certified weight weenie and it is just a solution looking for a problem to solve, in my opinion. Again, the cool thing to me is the innovation it may spur in the market as a whole.

It is way too heavy for me as a certified weight weenie and it is just a solution looking for a problem to solve, in my opinion. Again, the cool thing to me is the innovation it may spur in the market as a whole.

I got the ad about this xbow earlier today in Bowhunters Superstore spam, so I guess it’s getting marketed strongly. I agree with your comments on it.

They aren’t the first to take a cue from firearms systems. Check out the EK Archery RX Adder Automatic SELF Loading Repeating Crossbow. Basically a lever-pump.

I have a straight pull rifle from Austria, and see that Savage is putting one out this year. While browning marketed one in Europe, these rifles never caught on in the US beyond Blaser and its specific customer base. I’m excited to see the innovation seeping into our broader market.

Last edited:
Im still wishing they kept the law of using a crossbow illegal during archery season unless your handicapped or a youth
Sorry to hijack the thread. Mr Price, I felt the same way until last year. We got a crossbow as a gift and it has allowed my twins who are 9, and my 14 year old daughter, and my wife to join me in the sport. I feel totally different about it now. I will continue to use vertical as long as I can because I love it.

I don’t get this at all. How many people have to take two shots? I can’t remember the last time I had to finish off an animal. Just wait for a clean ethical shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack the thread. Mr Price, I felt the same way until last year. We got a crossbow as a gift and it has allowed my twins who are 9, and my 14 year old daughter, and my wife to join me in the sport. I feel totally different about it now. I will continue to use vertical as long as I can because I love it.

How about the crossbow haters just post on their own threads and refrain from crapping all over a legitimate crossbow thread.

I think Excalibur is a fantastic company. I am not 100% sure how to digest a two bolt bow, but it might be handy bear or moose hunting.

Unless you are hunting with a handmade wooden bow and arrow with only sinew and stone heads made without any modern materials or tools, none of us are hunting traditional, we are all just modern in the true sense of the word. What really matters here is that we are all killers ( or at least wannabes)!

Let's park the bow vs crossbow to the other threads already here for that.

I don’t get this at all. How many people have to take two shots? I can’t remember the last time I had to finish off an animal. Just wait for a clean ethical shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was chatting with a friend about this design today and we both reached the same conclusion. It would be a really nice bow to have on dangerous game like Kodiak or African big 5, but still would prefer a guide behind me with a .338 or bigger.

I saw this as well. My first thought was. Takes away the need to reload from the saddle. Not for a follow up shot, but if you had two bucks in on a hot doe. Few years ago I shot the 3rd buck in chasing a hot doe. First one was a brute, but he never gave me a shot. 3rd was probably still a 3.5 old 8 point. There were a few smaller ones hanging back that sifted through. But if I could have dropped that first one, and the 3rd. What a day it would have been. But like you guys said. Wow. The weight. Not bad at just under 8lbs. Wonder if that's with the arrows and quiver? Would have to out my hands on it to really get a feel. But at that price, que the MC hammer music. "Can't touch this"

I love the innovation. I am the king of buying the latest toy but this is a hard pass for me. The only time I've ever had a follow up shot with a crossbow was when I spined a doe and then I had plenty of time to reload. Also...13.6 lbs. Special arrows. Not cheap. Pretty wide by today's standards. No thx.

I like it when respectful people react to a post in a respectable way. Most of the time someone will go crazy, lol.
But with that said, I do see what your saying.
I just think that the crossbow should be used during firearm season. It's not like hunting with a compound bow or traditional bow.
My daughter goes with me bowhunting and I go with her as well. This year is the first year she can go because we have a 40# minimum draw weight. But it was well worth the wait.

What would happen if you pulled both triggers at the same time? It would be cool if they were offset enough and designed so you could pull both and have hit at 7:30 and another at 1:30 but a few inches apart (to separate them angularly using clock as reference.....not a 6 hour hang fire!). That would be pretty devastating. Put a COC broadhead on one arrow and a huge mechanical on the other (sugar and spice).

Back