• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Turkey down. Yesterday. Finally

Ontariofarmer

38c29fffa5e56af23b4521f214711389.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very nice! Congrats!

I'm still waiting on my first after 8 years of a mix of moderate and limited effort. I fired my gun at one for the second time ever this year, but still no harvests.

Some day it will come together for me.

Happy for you bud!

Very nice! Congrats!

I'm still waiting on my first after 8 years of a mix of moderate and limited effort. I fired my gun at one for the second time ever this year, but still no harvests.

Some day it will come together for me.

Happy for you bud!

I saw turkeys all spring but could not connect. Persistence pays. Their eyes are as sharp as a deers nose and finally some luck.
bb8a0d6f9ea736d66ad6881c1e9bbe8c.jpg

I used this funny fold up blind. Spooked a big Tom and an hour later another walks up 5 yards to my right where I did not expect. Boom

The blind weighs about one pound
I am glad I did not have a full Choke and as a lefty my gun was already pointing that way
I hope you nail one soon

Last edited:

Light mobile and it worked

Congrats! Going for #2 now? I’m still after my first.

For sure. Out today. Saw one hen
I have another tag and I am good to the end of the month.

One day I had 7 hens walk by me and they did not see me.
15 yards away. I have seen mostly hens all spring .

Last edited:
"By and large, if you persevere, you are going to kill an awful lot of turkeys you didn't earn. But on the other side as well, you are going to earn just as many that you don't kill."
Tom Kelly

Back