• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TX 5 Lonestar molle and pouches.

TheGreatHendo

Hey guys I just purchased a Lonestar and I absolutely love it but not sure if I am doing everything right with his dump pouches as far as installing them. Did it the same way I did with my phantom and the tethrd stuff but it doesn't seem like it's quite as solid as the other set up was. Any help to make them seem more secure would be great. Thanks!

I tried 100 hundred different ways. Couldn't figure out anything perfect. They are amazing bags, just don't care for the molle connections. They hang down now matter how you rig them. I wish the just had the push through points like on the lattitude bags. Then they would be perfect. I don't even bother attaching the bottom clip of the large size bags.

I pretty much just let them be, as is, & try & keep it out my head. In function, they work great & are always right where I need them. in any kind of climbing method.

Would be nice if they could pull tighter though.

I really like their bags but they dangle way too far off my saddle so I went back to a tethrd dump pouch. One nice thing about them tho is you don't have to twist your body to the point where it hurts to use them. With the tx5 attachment you can lift up the bag and almost set it in your lap. I think the KYSS pouch allows you to attach to the top and bottom of the saddle so it stays put. I ended up putting my "small" pouch on the outside of my backpack to put my lunch in. Tx5 pouches are HUGE!

I tried 100 hundred different ways. Couldn't figure out anything perfect. They are amazing bags, just don't care for the molle connections. They hang down now matter how you rig them. I wish the just had the push through points like on the lattitude bags. Then they would be perfect. I don't even bother attaching the bottom clip of the large size bags.

I pretty much just let them be, as is, & try & keep it out my head. In function, they work great & are always right where I need them. in any kind of climbing method.

Yeah I agree. I love them. I'm just not crazy for not seeming solid. Plus I wish the saddle would have a few molle loops on the bottom of the saddle. But oh well. Function wise they are better than tethrd because they are bigger and hold their shape more which is what I hate about the others. Thanks for the reply though!

I’ve thought about cutting off the attachments and sewing on some webbing with tri glides like other brand pouches attach to keep them tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my pouch from the bargain cave so it was already made. I see now if you customize one yourself you can change the attachment method at checkout. Instead of the quick draw you can select tri glides or bar buttons. Not sure what the bar buttons are, but I think if you got the tri glides it would attach similar to tethrd pouches.

Back