• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

TX5 Custom Gear

Redoak47*

Has anyone done a review on the TX5 Custom Gear Saddle? I am looking for a saddle for a bigger type fellow.

6’3” 280 and love my TX5 Reaper! @Squatch is taller, less fat, than me and he uses the TX5 too!

Attachments

• C692959B-48BD-4AFC-8CEB-D2A6BC16C216.jpeg
    C692959B-48BD-4AFC-8CEB-D2A6BC16C216.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 74
I would love to try a TX5 but getting one is like hitting the lottery..... limited production for the TX5’s.

Yep. Just got my TX5 yesterday, will try it out on the weekend. Got two of the pouches. Will post a pic of one of them with 30 or 35 feet (got from DanO months ago can't remember how much) of 8mm in one.

TX5 pouch pic's ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-180137.png
    Screenshot_20210325-180137.png
    911.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20210325-180121.png
    Screenshot_20210325-180121.png
    974.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20210325-180132.png
    Screenshot_20210325-180132.png
    972.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20210325-180126.png
    Screenshot_20210325-180126.png
    948.7 KB · Views: 66
Without a shadow of doubt, TX5 makes the best saddle. I can get comfortable in most saddles, but the sweet spot in a TX5 is so much larger than any other saddle in my experience. And the pouches are pretty large, but not overly bulky. They hold their shape very well too. The new ones you can remove it from your saddle and carry on your pack, then clip it to your saddle once you get to the tree and need it. probably my favorite part. When you get fat and less nimble like myself, twisting to reach for your hip is a pain. These eliminate that

Without a shadow of doubt, TX5 makes the best saddle. I can get comfortable in most saddles, but the sweet spot in a TX5 is so much larger than any other saddle in my experience. And the pouches are pretty large, but not overly bulky. They hold their shape very well too. The new ones you can remove it from your saddle and carry on your pack, then clip it to your saddle once you get to the tree and need it. probably my favorite part. When you get fat and less nimble like myself, twisting to reach for your hip is a pain. These eliminate that
What do you feel makes the TX5 such a great saddle? Like stated above you don’t really see reviews on them but hear great things. Is it the material? Is it the design? Does it cup really well? Would love to hear actual owners opinions now that more are out there.

What do you feel makes the TX5 such a great saddle? Like stated above you don’t really see reviews on them but hear great things. Is it the material? Is it the design? Does it cup really well? Would love to hear actual owners opinions now that more are out there.
Craftsmanship is equal to, if not better than Aerohunter. I've had the opportunity to try several of his designs and he just keeps getting better. Materials are top quality but other companies have used top quality components as well. SO I can't say that that's what sets him apart.

I think what sets the TX5 apart is the fact that he is a small company. He is only sewing small batches. It is truly a custom saddle. And he is actually sitting in them. He isn't just a guy at a machine. He's also his biggest critic. He's ever evolving. Trying to find what could make it better. And yes the saddle cups very well.

I say this having zero affiliation with TX5 as well. You may see I'm a vendor rep but not for this company.

I can say enough good things about tx5 saddles. He keeps improving with every design. He's also a great guy and I had the opportunity to hunt with him. I'll be buying another of his saddles as soon as I can.

Back