• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ugh it happened

Boomah21

SH Member
So this morning I got out for a few hours before church, at first light I see a small body deer run past about 70 yards away...then a grunt and a big body right on her tail.
Man am I pumped at this time...shortly after a doe and small buck work past. It’s at that point I get the reminder text that church is coming up. I reluctantly get down and head to the truck.
On the way out I have a small piece of property that belongs to my sister and her husband, it’s got a house they are repairing and about 20 acreas. The night before I walked it and found two pretty active scrapes so I had put out a couple cameras, well dumb me forgot a card in one so after my morning hunt I ran there to put the card in.
I debated bringing my bow (here is where it starts to go down hill) anyway I didn’t...the camera was only 100 yards out back and I had to hurry for service. I walk out put the card back and head back. I get to the back yard and just 20 yards off the side of the house a giant buck is staring at me. I don’t break stride, nor look at him (as it’s been my experience they often let you walk past) I get to my truck grab my bow and sneak to the deck of the house....I draw back before stepping out where he sits staring at me, Tending a doe. I breath in and let the arrow fly....boom I watch the arrow explode and the deer take off. I must of had tunnel vision and in the excitement didn’t notice a small branch.
As physics would have it I messed up and hit that branch. I would of never taken the shot if I would of seen it but for whatever reason I didn’t see it.

Sigh another day

I remember shots like that (yes, shotS) more than the good ones...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back