• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Underground Hunters

Mattyq2402

I feel like ive heard every podcast out there and lately im being much more selective on who i listen to. My list currently centers around John Eberhart, Dan Infalt, and a couple others. Seems like a lot of podcast gear toward the big names-outdoor channel guys. Anyone know any podcasts with less heard names who know their craft? Just want to make sure im not missing some really good content.

Meateater is my go to, mark Kenyan for whitetail tips, I think he hunted with tethrd this season. Cals week in review is a brief synopsis of all outdoor news and these folks put time and money back into the environment through multiple channels.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Not sure if his newer videos are any good, but i used to watch Dan Fitzgerald videos back in the 70’s early 80’s and he was a serious deer shooting guy.

I literally can not stand to watch a hunting show nowadays.Not sure if i could take a podcast or not.I know that there would be a very limited few i would care to hear.

I literally can not stand to watch a hunting show nowadays.Not sure if i could take a podcast or not.I know that there would be a very limited few i would care to hear.
Here is a Barry Wensel video fro ETAR. You can just listen...no need to really watch it minute by minute.

There are several Wensel podcasts on "The Push-A Traditional Archery Podcast".

Here is a Barry Wensel video fro ETAR. You can just listen...no need to really watch it minute by minute.

There are several Wensel podcasts on "The Push-A Traditional Archery Podcast".

This is a good one, I’ve listened to this.
His newer out and about movie is good too. Goes into his methods and shows his set ups.

Sent from parts unknown

Jason Samkowiak. His channel is called Traditional Bowhunter and Wilderness Podcast. The guy is a machine and fast paced but he has really good info I think. And it’s all stuff that can be translated to compound bow hunting or even gun hunting in tree stands, etc. What I like and appreciate most about any of these guys is what you can learn about tracking, reading the sign and the land. To me that’s more valuable than the actual hunting part. Jason also has kind of a master course for bow hunting you can find on his website. He was charging $75 for life for it last I checked. He said he was going to up the cost but don’t know that he has yet. The cool thing is you have the membership for life and he keeps adding new stuff it, which you get for free after buying your membership. Pretty sweet deal I think. I’ve learned a lot from him so far.

Another one I’m just now starting to follow is Misty River Trackers. Again going back to tracking and reading the sign and the land. I think this guy has a lot of experience with this under his belt and has a lot to offer us guys that are interested in that aspect of hunting. As far as I can tell he’s pretty well up there in his tracking skills to the level of Dan Infalt and others.

Well worth a look at both of these guys IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowhunter Chronicles Podcast is relatable - they hunt deer and turkeys and have industry guests on frequently.

If a podcast talks about having a hitlist or just talks about how to kill trophy bucks on corn I just turn it off. I have (wish i did) nothing in common with those guys lol.

“I wake up at six, put on my sitka suit, hop in my gator and go to one of my twelve fixed blinds, and pass on that 5x6 because he’s a good breeder.” NAH BRUH

Bowhunter Chronicles Podcast is relatable - they hunt deer and turkeys and have industry guests on frequently.

If a podcast talks about having a hitlist or just talks about how to kill trophy bucks on corn I just turn it off. I have (wish i did) nothing in common with those guys lol.

“I wake up at six, put on my sitka suit, hop in my gator and go to one of my twelve fixed blinds, and pass on that 5x6 because he’s a good breeder.” NAH BRUH

So true!

"I'm gonna have my buddy come in and shoot this 4 1/2 year-old cull buck--looks like he won't get much bigger than his current 150 inches--so I don't have to burn my tag on 'em. I've got my sights set on this 175 inch deer I've been watching on my cell cams for the last six years. His name's Goliath (or Zeus, or The Big 12, or whatever). We have history together." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Meanwhile, I'm over here trying to decide which budget, non-cellular trail cam to buy so I can just see a Pope & Young buck on my permission property this year...

I think there’s actually a lot of good content out there that’s not big name outdoor channel related. Wired to hunt has some good ones if you go way back, I liked Mark’s earlier stuff better than the newer. Dan Johnson is always bringing on different regular guys for whitetail, some are very good. I like exodus’s podcasts, seems like you get a little variation from the norm with them sometimes. There’s a couple with Steve Sherk that I enjoyed being from PA and hunting the mountains. Jeff Sturgis has a lot of good content if you haven’t been down that rabbit hole yet. Joe Elsinger, Andy May, Greg Litzinger are a few of the lesser known guys off the top of my head that are very good. Andy is probably better known here. I know there’s some other really good ones I’m missing.

I like Eberhardt and Infalt, two of the best for sure, but as with anyone you can only listen to the same thing so many times.

So true!

"I'm gonna have my buddy come in and shoot this 4 1/2 year-old cull buck--looks like he won't get much bigger than his current 150 inches--so I don't have to burn my tag on 'em. I've got my sights set on this 175 inch deer I've been watching on my cell cams for the last six years. His name's Goliath (or Zeus, or The Big 12, or whatever). We have history together." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Meanwhile, I'm over here trying to decide which budget, non-cellular trail cam to buy so I can just see a Pope & Young buck on my permission property this year...

I can totally relate! Admittedly I do watch those other guys once in a great while if there’s nothing else to watch or if I’m caught up with everyone else. But I’m certainly not sitting there comparing myself to them by any means.

East meets west hunts. Ive only listened to a couple and good so far.
Once I hear they are hunting a deer farm for old "Big Brow Berry" Im out!

Truth from the Stand Podcast is good. Clint Campbell does a good job. I have heard a lot of lesser known guys and learned a lot from them. He has youtube videos too

Back