• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Upgrading predator pack

Outdoorsman33

I have a predator pack I’m wanting to upgrade the straps on and was curious on how some of you did it? I know Tethrd has the upgraded straps to buy which I probably will get but just curious on how you also upgraded the pack overall if you have one.

I changed out my straps to the Packrabbit style (before Tethrd offered them) and added 2 coyote SYS haulers on the top row of molle, with a zip tie woven thru the mesh and molle to keep them from flopping around. Also added a couple grimloc carabiners towards the bottom but I don't know that I ever used them. A pair of Trophyline kneepads fit perfectly in a SYS hauler. Not the most exciting but trying to keep it simple.

I changed out my straps to the Packrabbit style (before Tethrd offered them) and added 2 coyote SYS haulers on the top row of molle, with a zip tie woven thru the mesh and molle to keep them from flopping around. Also added a couple grimloc carabiners towards the bottom but I don't know that I ever used them. A pair of Trophyline kneepads fit perfectly in a SYS hauler. Not the most exciting but trying to keep it simple.
Ive been thinking about adding a sys hauler to the outside but decided against it because of how floppy it would be. But zip tie idea how could I not of thought about that I swear the simplest ideas go right over my head. Are you packing any sticks on the pack too?

Ive been thinking about adding a sys hauler to the outside but decided against it because of how floppy it would be. But zip tie idea how could I not of thought about that I swear the simplest ideas go right over my head. Are you packing any sticks on the pack too?
4 - 20" Hawk Helium's hang nicely from the bottom straps, just have to get the feel for offsetting them a couple inches so the standoff leg doesn't dig into your back.

4 - 20" Hawk Helium's hang nicely from the bottom straps, just have to get the feel for offsetting them a couple inches so the standoff leg doesn't dig into your back.
That’s exactly what mine are doing I watched a THP video and seen that their actually taking the hooks and hooking them to the top strip of molle on the back and making the sticks rest against the pack itself. It surprisingly works pretty well but makes the small shoulder straps dig into your armpits since your shifting all the weight up towards the tops of your shoulders.

I attached sys hauler to back..and zip tied it..WE steps holster will Clip to Molle or the WE bag cinch to bottom of bag...just looking to find the best way to carry bins harness on the straps I upgraded to padded..

Anyone ever added a bladder into the pack or attached the pack to a camel back bladder or something? I don’t care to carry bottles of water in the pack or pockets.

Back