• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Using ozone on First lite gear?

Tjens21

SH Member
Wife just got me the sanctuary kit for my birthday and I was curious if anyone has used the ozone (scent crusher bag) on the type of synthetic material this piece of gear has. I’ve used the scent crusher bag last year on my other gear and the elastic did not seem to stretch that much. Pics and any insight would be great. Thanks guys.

After ruining a few pieces of gear last year using the ozone bag I got very hesitant on what I put in mine. Any elastic as you mentioned is likely to deteriorate if used with ozone cleaners. I’d email First Lite and ask their opinion.

I’ve had the sanctuary for 2 years and used the ozone on it a couple times a year only for a short burst. Not much to go by but no adverse affects YET. Don’t have the scent crusher, just a household one and a tote.

I’ve had the sanctuary for 2 years and used the ozone on it a couple times a year only for a short burst. Not much to go by but no adverse affects YET. Don’t have the scent crusher, just a household one and a tote.

It would make sense that shorter and fewer run time in the ozone environment would lessen the effects perhaps. I admittedly ran them for 30min each time and 4-5 times in one season so some decent exposure time.
In the end it is what it is, a chemical reaction that does eliminate odors and does deteriorate some materials.

I used it the beginning of last year with no problems, then got lazy and just played the wind. That was way easier.

Back