• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Using treestand safety line as tether

FarmingdalesFinest

Researching what I need and since I have multiple safety lines I assume I can use them as my tether. Am I correct in my assumption?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Researching what I need and since I have multiple safety lines I assume I can use them as my tether. Am I correct in my assumption?

Most safety lines connect behind you with no adjustments. Different than a tether. Unless you are talking about the linesman rope that comes with most safety harness (then yes).

Tether is your main safety and your main adjustment.... Also fairly cheap

Most safety lines connect behind you with no adjustments. Different than a tether. Unless you are talking about the linesman rope that comes with most safety harness (then yes).

Tether is your main safety and your main adjustment.... Also fairly cheap

I am talking about the rope in the below picture. I have seen it referred to both a tether and a lineman’s belt on virtually every web site that sells saddles.
dd5dbd24d462549c46d6f408cfa68d1d.jpg

I am talking about the rope in the below picture. I have seen it referred to both a tether and a lineman’s belt on virtually every web site that sells saddles.
dd5dbd24d462549c46d6f408cfa68d1d.jpg

That is a linesman belt....Connected like a tether. Does your stand face the tree? Most tree stand safety harnesses I have seen are a vest style with a fall arrest strap already connected..... You could use this, but I like a thinner tether.

That is a linesman belt....Connected like a tether. Does your stand face the tree? Most tree stand safety harnesses I have seen are a vest style with a fall arrest strap already connected..... You could use this, but I like a thinner tether.

In actuality this is a 30’ safety line for treestands. I use it with my climber to be attached to the tree the whole climb and also as my bow line.

If u go with the muddy rope I will need to pay attention and "milk" the rope...the sheath on the muddy rope is a little loose on the core vs better rope options and it can get bunched up in the prusik a little

Back