• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Uukha all carbon limbs?

BowhunterXC

Has anyone here shot either model of the Uukha all carbon limbs?
There's the Uureg and the Altai models.

I have shot the Uureg and they are extremely smooth drawing, shooting and are dead in the hand. They're also $950. :rolleyes:
The Altai limbs are $1100. o_O

I'd like to hear from anyone that has shot or who owns a set of these limbs.

I haven’t owned or shot 100% limbs but I’ve owned 25, 50 and 80% because that’s what budget allows. I will say every pair I’ve owned has been worth the money. I think they’re smoother and I know they’re faster than bamboo or maple cores.

Have seen a few reports of the newer limbs failing. Some catastrophically at full draw. Cant say that it seems wide spread but enough for me to consider maybe looking for a lightly used pair rather than new in the box.

Have seen a few reports of the newer limbs failing. Some catastrophically at full draw. Cant say that it seems wide spread but enough for me to consider maybe looking for a lightly used pair rather than new in the box.
That's good to know, but I'd still rather purchase a new set to have them under warranty. :)
This is the first I've heard of any Uukha limbs having breakage issues. Could you name a forum or website that shows these complaints/issues?

I have a set of uureg limbs. By far my favorite trad bow limb I have shot. Smooth, extremely fast, stable.
I did have my first set crack and uukha replaced them under warranty no questions asked.
If you shop through alternative archery in the uk they have them cheaper just a bit longer wait. But they still fully replaced them and replied to my questions promptly.

Back