• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Vehicle jump box

Weldabeast

SH Member
I was thinking it would be smart purchase to get 1 of those lithium small jump boxes and keep in the truck...I carry cables now but that doesn't help much if u can't find anybody.

Anybody got any recommendations? Preferably from peeps who owned theirs for a while and had a chance to but it thru it's paces

I've been using a NOCO brand one, works well for the past couple years. I haven't started any high compression hot rods or diesels with it but it works for my gas pickup and motorcycles. I went middle of the road as far as amps and it claims 20 plus starts (I think this is b.s.) but it'll get ya going in a pinch as long as you don't have a dead alternator. It comes with a car charger and there's ports on the battery as well for charging phones, etc off of it.

I have the NOCO. Man I use that thing all the time. Mine or friends vehicles, lawnmowers, boats or anything with a gasoline engine. Always have it with me.

Definitely get my Amazon $80 worth.

I was thinking it would be smart purchase to get 1 of those lithium small jump boxes and keep in the truck...I carry cables now but that doesn't help much if u can't find anybody.

Anybody got any recommendations? Preferably from peeps who owned theirs for a while and had a chance to but it thru it's paces
My buddy and I have DBPOWER
Jumper. Amazon now on sale 61.48. We have had good luck with them. Oh by the way it has a compass built it..lol

My wife got me the Halo Bolt that they hawk on QVC a number of years ago and I thought it was going to be a joke, but have used it dozens of times on my vehicles (cars, trucks, tractor and mowers) and it works very well. Small, in its own pouch, easy to take along...

Halo-Bolt-58830.jpg

noco gb40....based upon amazon reviews and suggestions on various toyota tacoma forums....if i needed bigger, i'd go noco gb70

NOCO GB40 is what I use. Motorcycle battery hasn’t been strong enough to turn over for a little over a week. Been jumping it twice a day for a week. Takes about 2 seconds once powered on and I’ve got 6 jumps on one charge so far. May get more but it’s easy to charge so I just charge it after a day or two.

The 1000 amp is good for most batteries (cars, boats, motorcycles). The 2000 amp version works for bigger engines.

I ordered a hulkman alpha 85 solely based on the name alone.....hahahaha

Nah....I asked my buddy to talk with his brother who is a mechanic and that what he said he's been using after his snap-on took a poo

Used it on the first hunt.....jumped off a full size truck that didn't have enough juice to even click the solenoid....

Funny I found this thread as this happened to me this weekend. I pulled forward into the barn and parked in the far corner so there was no way for another car to pull close enough. After the mile walk-o-shame to the neighbors house, we ended up daisy chaining jumper cables.

It worked but if he wasn't home, I'd be screwed. A jump pack is definitely on my list.

Back