• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Venison again tonight

GCTerpfan

Staff member
SH Member
@trailblazer75 discussion about street tacos in my other thread inspired me to make some fajitas tonight. I usually follow this recipe https://www.themeateater.com/cook/recipes/citrus-marinated-venison-fajitas-recipe
But tonight I was in a hurry as we got home late, so I skipped the citrus marinade and just used a little Bone suckin sauce seasoning and brown sugar on the meat and Everglade seasoning on the peppers and onions.

Screenshot_20210712-205640.pngScreenshot_20210712-205631.png

The honey habanero hot sauce in the background is my favorite and the whiskey is Ole Smokey Mango Habanero. I have a thing for habaneros.

Second night in a row I didn't get called for dinner, not cool dude!

@trailblazer75 discussion about street tacos in my other thread inspired me to make some fajitas tonight. I usually follow this recipe https://www.themeateater.com/cook/recipes/citrus-marinated-venison-fajitas-recipe
But tonight I was in a hurry as we got home late, so I skipped the citrus marinade and just used a little Bone suckin sauce seasoning and brown sugar on the meat and Everglade seasoning on the peppers and onions.

View attachment 49346View attachment 49347

The honey habanero hot sauce in the background is my favorite and the whiskey is Ole Smokey Mango Habanero. I have a thing for habaneros.
You're killing it! Tomorrow I'm gonna do slow cooker turkey leg/thigh.

1 turkey leg thigh (wild of course)
1 cup water
1 cup stock (I use bone broth I make from deer)
1 can diced pineapples and juice.

Run that on high for 8 hours.

Shred meat and remove pin bones and bones.

Add a glug of garlic.

Drink an IPA.

Cover in your favorite BBQ sauce.

Serve on Hawaiian rolls. I'll typically brown them in butter in my skillet. I'll caramelize red or white onions as garnish.

Back