• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Venison Philly Cheesesteak

MSbowhunter48

Had some ground venison with about 20-30% hickory smoked bacon mixed in leftover from some smash burgers I did the other evening(which turned out phenomenal btw, should’ve taken a pic), so I decided to try my hand at a Philly cheesesteak with some ingredients I had laying around the house.

Just browned the meat and let the fat drain. Cooked down some onions, mushrooms and bell pepper in a separate pan then added the meat into the pan. Seasoned the mixture and added pepperjack cheese slices to the top and let it all simmer till the cheese had melted. Slap some butter on the bread and toast it on the stove. Slap some mayo on the bread and enjoy.

I've never it with ground I should try it sometimes. Always stuck to the traditional shaved steaks, then chop with a spatula on the flat top. My kids love watching me do that I play it up hibatchi style. Chantrelle, ramps, and deer cheesesteaks, as good as it gets.
I was surprised it came out better than I thought. I was afraid it would fall apart with the meat grounded but that melted cheese on top really held it all together nicely.

Back