• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Vintage fred bear (compound) bow setup

ThePennsylvanian

I have an old fred bear whitetail hunter. Its in mint condition, and i want to setup it. Bow shops have no experience in these older bows, nor do they still have the old apple style bow press.
does anyone have any experience with these vintage bows?
how about somewhere to score bow strings and cables for these older bows?

Strings won't be hard to get now from string makers like 60X custom strings . You might have to call around to find a bow shop that would make cables . I know when I worked at a bow shop we use to make the cables but that was years ago. I had a Bear whitetail hunter bow got rid of it about 2 years ago killed quite few whitetails with that bow years and years
ago. Like to see a pic of it .

Last edited:
Man I tripped over my Apple bow press (the red one) in my attic today. It was like oh yea, forgot I had that.

Back