• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Vortex for lyfe!

Exhumis

SH Member
Awesome experience with Vortex. I have two of their scopes already but wasn't aware just how awesome their customer service is. Here's my tale:
Bought a new open box Spitfire ar off ebay. Arrived and was missing the turrets, manual and tool. Whatever I'm cool. Emailed vortex and said hey how much are turrets? Tim(I reference people by name when credit is due) emailed back and replied no charge for parts, they're in the mail! I thought Holy crap didn't even get the chance to respond. So I start messing with the optic and it won't turn on. Three different new batteries, confirmed good charge via multimeter and the optic just won't respond. So I get on vortex chat and say hey, this is what I bought AND where I bought it, full disclosure and it won't work. How much to repair it? Josh replied nothing, it's free. Call the repair line so we can set you up. I was floored. So I called customer service and talked to Brian, again explained the situation and he confirmed yup, lifetime transferable warranty no matter where you bought it. Whoa! But it gets better. So he looks me up in the system and says ah, see we're sending you turret caps, we'll hold those till we get your optic. You said it was an open box, is it missing anything else? I mention yes the manual and the adjustment wrench. He says cool, WE'LL ADD THOSE TO THE BOX WHEN WE RETURN IT!! ***!?! I CAN'T HANDLE THIS LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Then he says alright I'm emailing you a PREPAID RETURN LABEL! just get it in the mail and we'll do the rest. And all this from an American made vet owned company. They have my business for life! Oh and Brian added we'll throw in some stickers as well. *swoon. Man. I was floored. Amazing experience.

Awesome experience with Vortex. I have two of their scopes already but wasn't aware just how awesome their customer service is. Here's my tale:
Bought a new open box Spitfire ar off ebay. Arrived and was missing the turrets, manual and tool. Whatever I'm cool. Emailed vortex and said hey how much are turrets? Tim(I reference people by name when credit is due) emailed back and replied no charge for parts, they're in the mail! I thought Holy crap didn't even get the chance to respond. So I start messing with the optic and it won't turn on. Three different new batteries, confirmed good charge via multimeter and the optic just won't respond. So I get on vortex chat and say hey, this is what I bought AND where I bought it, full disclosure and it won't work. How much to repair it? Josh replied nothing, it's free. Call the repair line so we can set you up. I was floored. So I called customer service and talked to Brian, again explained the situation and he confirmed yup, lifetime transferable warranty no matter where you bought it. Whoa! But it gets better. So he looks me up in the system and says ah, see we're sending you turret caps, we'll hold those till we get your optic. You said it was an open box, is it missing anything else? I mention yes the manual and the adjustment wrench. He says cool, WE'LL ADD THOSE TO THE BOX WHEN WE RETURN IT!! ***!?! I CAN'T HANDLE THIS LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Then he says alright I'm emailing you a PREPAID RETURN LABEL! just get it in the mail and we'll do the rest. And all this from an American made vet owned company. They have my business for life! Oh and Brian added we'll throw in some stickers as well. *swoon. Man. I was floored. Amazing experience.

I only own one pair of binos and no issues yet. But these type of stories is why I bought them and plan on more from Vortex in the future. Glad you had a good experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awesome to hear of a company that will go to such great lengths to stand behind their products. It’s also a good reminder to keep an eye out for broken used vortex products for sale....

Bought a used set of diamondbacks. The eye up came off and I called. Gave them the details and they said that since I had the old model they were going to send me a new pair and a return box for the old ones.

I’ve heard Burris Forever Warranty is similar. Can anyone confirm?

Bought a used set of diamondbacks. The eye up came off and I called. Gave them the details and they said that since I had the old model they were going to send me a new pair and a return box for the old ones.

I’ve heard Burris Forever Warranty is similar. Can anyone confirm?

I've been looking at a new pr of diamond backs but I now have Leupolds that went bad and they replaced w/new too.

This is why Vortex will take the game over. Their optics keep getting better and they actually stand behind their products.. Run it over with a truck? Cool send it in to get replaced lol

I just had a similar experience. I have a pair of binoculars crossfire 10x42 I believe. Anyways not their expensive stuff. I think I dropped them once getting out of the truck and broke one of the eye pieces. Sent it in, week and half later they were sent back fixed only cost me shipping to get them there. Great company, great products. Whenever I am.looking at ANY other optics purchase it will be Vortex.

I have multiple optics from vortex.....Rangefinder,scopes,binos and a red dot this year on my turkey gun and only ever had to send one back that was returned fixed withing 2 weeks. I love vortex

It’s also a good reminder to keep an eye out for broken used vortex products for sale....

^^^^^This is horrible. Why would you want to take advantage of such a good company???

^^^^^This is horrible. Why would you want to take advantage of such a good company???
How so? They've warrantied the product, and it broke--they expect to repair or replace their broken products. Seems more like taking advantage of the seller who doesn't know/care about the great transferable warranty...

Vortex warranty spells out what is allowed and what is not. Buying a non functioning product and requesting coverage warranty is allowed as long as its not "loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product. "

Its a cost they've factored into their business model, and a cost that the consumer is paying for in the price of their products.

Vortex is the only optic I will be purchasing from now on. I have the diamondback binos and a venom red dot. I had the venom for almost a year before I got around to mounting it to my shotgun and I had trouble with it not adjusting so I called their customer service line. Can't remember who I talked to but she gave me a couple things to try to fix it myself and also sent me a prepaid shipping label if that didn't work. I have also heard numerous other stories of how great their customer service is.

Guess I'm on the opposite.....id hate to think I had something from a company that has as much return as you read about...ive had my hands on several items and ive not been impressed but thats me

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I can’t believe no one mention a a word to the fact they sending free stickers:expressionless:

Holy Crap, Vortex! So when I spoke to the rep on the phone and he asked what else I needed for my site I asked how much for the turret caps? To which he replied free, no charge for parts. He asked if it had the manual and wrench so I said no, he said OK I'll send those. I was already stupid impressed. Well, this box came in the mail TODAY
Screenshot_20200627-130126.png
Good Lawd! They sent me the manual, wrench and turret caps and also sent a swag bag, hat, two different kinds of sticker packs, lens cleaning clothes and a coupon code! Good grief! That kind of customer service can't be duplicated. Amazing. I can't even.

I have 2 pair of binos, a rifle scope and a red dot. Sent one pair of binos back because of an alignment issue after a pretty violent drop.
One of the adjusting screws on my red dot is tough to turn (also my fault), but I’ve got it set where it needs to be. I haven’t sent it back because it was my fault to start with AND I got a good veterans discount. If it gets to where I can’t dial it in or it won’t hold position I’ll send it back.

Back