• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

VPA Small Game Thumper

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but, you wanna shoot a hog with that head? 10/10 wouldn't recommend that. Those heads look ideal for squirrels, rabbits and game birds, and that's about as big an animal as I would shoot with one. I have some screw on adders that are a similar style, they inhibit penetration by quite a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but, you wanna shoot a hog with that head? 10/10 wouldn't recommend that. Those heads look ideal for squirrels, rabbits and game birds, and that's about as big an animal as I would shoot with one. I have some screw on adders that are a similar style, they inhibit penetration by quite a bit.

Yes. Dome shots to hogs with a 200gr thumper. It’s rimfire season here now but you can also use these for archery.

A dome shot may do the trick, seems odd that you can't use broadheads for hogs still. Definitely wouldn't be my first choice, but if it's what's legal I suppose you can give it a shot and report back. I would expect the head to hold up fine, just unsure of the lethality of it.

If I was going to shoot a hog in the head, I thing I might opt for the G5 small game head or the valkryie rather than the vpa or a something like the ace hex head.

Back