• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wasp spray

gumby

I'm sure a lot of us don't keep all our hunting stuff inside our house, which means out buildings and out blds means wasp nest. Seen on youtube a guy mixed bout 1/2 cup Dawn dish washing to maybe 1 gal water +- in a sprayer and sprayed wasp. Tried it and got to say it works great will kill them fast, cheap and the best part if you get it on hunting stuff not a big smelly issue. If you soak the nest kindly heavy they will drop straight down. Some what hunting related info.

Thank you. Found a wasp nest attached to overhang while in my practice tree. That I enjoy saving a couple bucks.

Another pro tip. Wasps don't like Hornets (can't blame 'em). If you stuff a paper bag full of plastic bags, paper, leaves, etc, and hang it under your overhang, they won't build near it.

I thought it sounded hokey as heck, until my dad started doing it on the front porch of our cabin 3 years ago. Danged if we havent had a wasp nest since.

I've kilt them with all kinds of stuff. Brake cleaner, RemOil, hairspray shot through a Zippo...

Done the last one. Might not have been hair spray but same idea.

Make it look like a hornet's nest and they stay away is what your getting at?

Sounds good. Think the mrs.' New store may sell fake ones too.

Guess what I'm taking up to the hay loft tonight? I'll keep ya posted, I have a basketball sized nest that needs to be dealt with before we put hay up next week.

I'd say so. Out of curiosity what size bales? I haven't work with hay since I was a kid but I have many memories of slinging bales. Don't see that much anymore.

We have invasive tree frogs all over my house..... Brake cleaner seems to work the best... It does something to their nerves and paralyzes them. Just remember to rinse with the hoes where you sprayed. They eat the native tree frogs and small toads. Tonight i would bet money there will be 50 of them....they are kill on sight.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_tree_frog

We have invasive tree frogs all over my house..... Brake cleaner seems to work the best... It does something to their nerves and paralyzes them. Just remember to rinse with the hoes where you sprayed. They eat the native tree frogs and small toads. Tonight i would bet money there will be 50 of them....they are kill on sight.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_tree_frog
We have a mess of squirrel frogs that crap on my windowsills here at the river. Between them and the cicadas, you cant hear yourself think for the first week or two of summer.

Then you get used to it, until somebody asks what the heck that noise is in all of your YouTube videos!

We get a lot of visitors. Coons, possums, herons, snakes, and turtles have all ended up literally on my doorstep. Coolest visitors are probably Luna moths and hummingbird moths. On warm nights it's nothing to have several on each window.

Gotta love the jungle.

We have a mess of squirrel frogs that crap on my windowsills here at the river. Between them and the cicadas, you cant hear yourself think for the first week or two of summer.

Then you get used to it, until somebody asks what the heck that noise is in all of your YouTube videos!

We get a lot of visitors. Coons, possums, herons, snakes, and turtles have all ended up literally on my doorstep. Coolest visitors are probably Luna moths and hummingbird moths. On warm nights it's nothing to have several on each window.

Gotta love the jungle.
We had squirrel frogs too until these big giant Cuban tree frogs showed up. It's rare to see a native frog now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back