• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Weber Deer Steak

Hall17

I will never own another gas grill in my lifetime. The Weber kettle grill has been my go to grill now for awhile. Matched with some Slow N Sear products I can sear steaks and smoke some of amazing pork. Here is a steak I did for lunch today. Seared both sides then moved away from coals to finished with indirect heat. When I do that the grill is pretty hot as I don't want a slow cook up to 125 internal temp or it would really dry it out.1.jpg2.png.jpg3.jpg.png

The Weber kettle is tough to beat, I've had mine for 14 years and my dad has had his for 20+, only needing a new grate every 5-7 years.

For large quantity smoking consider getting the Weber Smokey Mountain, equally as bullet proof and the flavor is ten times better than from a gas smoker.

Back