• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Well made the switch from Hoyt to Mathews

Jessek

Ended up switching to Mathews today because of all the pro shops in my area for hoyt do not know anything last new bow I bought at the hoyt dealer I ended up going to the Mathews dealer to have it tuned because all the Hoyt guy could do was bolt on stuff is anyone else running into to this in their area

Sounds like you need a new shop. The new Mathews are nice though. Hope you enjoy the new bow.

That was the only reason I switched I thought if they have to set the bow up for me anyway I should just buy from them went with the v3 27 love it so far I have been shooting hoyt for 20 years and don’t feel a bit bad about switching to Mathews because they can provide pro shops that know they stuff

Thats good. I shot a bunch of Hoyt. I owned the SQ2 and DXT but bought a V3 31 this year after several Hoyts. I’m not regretting at all. That bow shoots so well.

Ended up switching to Mathews today because of all the pro shops in my area for hoyt do not know anything last new bow I bought at the hoyt dealer I ended up going to the Mathews dealer to have it tuned because all the Hoyt guy could do was bolt on stuff is anyone else running into to this in their area
Y’all have bow brand specific shops? Hoyt recently went to regional sellers so there is only one shop in a 100 mile range that sells Hoyt down here. That shop also sells Matthew’s, Bear, PSE and Bowtech. I don’t know what I would do if the shops were brand specific. It would take way to long to compare bows.

Yes in Minnesota they have brand specific dealers I have been going to the same Hoyt shop for the last 20 years and he finally retired so went to a new Hoyt dealer and they are **** was asking him questions and he said he dose not know how to do paper tune or set 3rd axis

Where are you located? I’m in the metro and have 2 great shops in this area. One is a Mathews/mission dealer but I’ve always had fantastic service from him regardless of bow make.

North of Duluth I started going to custom archery in superior wi is a Mathews dealer they set up my last hoyt I bought also very knowledgeable staff and berry willing to help out one day I’ll get brave and try and set up my own but not on a 1300 dollar bow

Yes in Minnesota they have brand specific dealers I have been going to the same Hoyt shop for the last 20 years and he finally retired so went to a new Hoyt dealer and they are **** was asking him questions and he said he dose not know how to do paper tune or set 3rd axis
Does your sight have adjustments for the 3 axes? Most don't, and I've never used that as criteria for buying a sight. Most shops also have one or maybe 2 guys who actually do tech stuff and then folks who are mainly there to handle stocking and run a register and do small stuff.

Yes my sight had 3rd axis the bow shops up here it is usually the owner is the only one that works their

Back