• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What camera are you using for video taping

Silvio

Hi guys,
Thought I would reach out to see if theres a video camera of choice for taping your hunts. I'm looking at a small GoPro camera and really like to keep everything small and compact...

Currently I use the GoPro session 4. However the 7 black is on my list or the Osmo action.

My good camera is a Canon M50

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My go pro videos are fun to watch, but I cannot see where the arrow hit. Not enough magnification. I’d like to try a tactacam

My go pro videos are fun to watch, but I cannot see where the arrow hit. Not enough magnification. I’d like to try a tactacam

If you are still using a bow mounted camera you will still have trouble seeing the point of impact because of the bow vibration on the shot. I prefer to use a head mounted camera. Also it is better because before and after the shot you will always be looking the right way. Rather than having to hold your bow out and try to film the whole time. Typically after the shot the bow is going to fall forward then you have to pick it back up and try to aim it in the direction the deer is running. Generally if it is on your head you will always be looking the right direction

Is it hard to get a tactacam pointing the right direction when using a head mount? I’m thinking about buying a tactacam.
I use a sony action cam with a headband mount. Its not hard to use and get everything in frame. I don't know about the tactacam bc i dont know if they mount to your head or not. Its pretty easy bc of the wide angle lens. As long as its pointed in the general direction it will pick it up. I prefer it to a bow mounted cam bc it doesnt shake from the vibration of the shot. Then after the shot you will obviously be watching the animal run off. Whereas your bow will be falling forward then you would have to raise it back up and try to follow the animal with it. More fool proof on the head in my opinion. Just practice shooting with it on and see what the footage looks like. If you have it on the right side of your head and your quiver is on the right then the animal might be obscured. But just switch it to the left side of your head. Ive also used it attached the the bill of my hat in the center as well

Back