• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What did you do today?

Bigfoot522

Today I went to practice one stiking to get more comfortable doing it and work out any bugs with my stuff.
I been climbing different type trees to see if it will work across the board for me and so far so good.
As with all my tree stands I am getting it to a repeatable method.
I like to climb up and down in a specific order everytime as much as possible.
I substituted my tether for a long line and on my first climb today I forgot to clip my bow line to my belt.
Not that I was going to haul the bow up but I use the same line to retrieve my rappel/climb line with after I descend.
I made a Blake's hitch and went back up with bow line in tow.
What a pain that was without a slack tender. Lol
This is a fine example of why I get an order of operation and stick to it.
Really liking the system.( Cain method)

The wife unit and I went to the grocery store and it was like the apocalypse had arrived and I looked at her and said, “Hey dear...remember when I said we should own some property to escape to and a few months ago when I said it might not be a bad idea to stock the pantry just in case?”

Last edited:
I drove 3/4 of the way up to Lansing, MI for the 2020 Field and Stream Expo to sit in the Phantom again and check out the other stuff there. When I checked the website for the final directions to the event, it had been canceled. Nice day for a drive I guess.

Today my son and I took his two beagle pups out with my two oldest to get the pups some work. My female is 9 and has slowed tremendously and simply can’t keep up with my male, who’s 7, and when you add in two pups we had ourselves a regular ole cluster, lol. My two got on one and ran it for about 45 minutes and the pups never opened up which was rather disconcerting. Then one of the pups jumped a rabbit and sounded and it’s was on them. Ended a lot better than it started.

Finished my mini stick and aider for one sticking yesterday. Hoping to scout a piece of public for deer/turkey after lunch. really trying to keep at it this offseason to be better prepared in the fall

I drove 3/4 of the way up to Lansing, MI for the 2020 Field and Stream Expo to sit in the Phantom again and check out the other stuff there. When I checked the website for the final directions to the event, it had been canceled. Nice day for a drive I guess.
Yea Me Too...

hiked 3 miles, worked on boat, tied 20 sliding minnow Riggs, shot bow, checked phantom shipping notice for the hundredth time, and now take nap

Oh yeah, Sharpen broadheads. Today I got six 3 blade VPA 250 gr. glue ons in the mail.
I tried to shave my arm but not quite there out of the box.
I'm really looking forward to trying these.

Then I went to menards for a shower mixing valve cartridge. Holy cripes! I had to hike from the adjacent chic fillet parking lot. People are losing it with the virus.

Back