• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What do you think this is

RodJohnson

The pic is blurry due to it being a cell cam but to me it looks like a mountain lion. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 6A07BBF6-C764-4ABE-918E-748264A3EB2E.jpeg
    6A07BBF6-C764-4ABE-918E-748264A3EB2E.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 199
7a75033597d440fc17665a0252bfb6ad.jpg

Looks like white behind the ear with black tip? I’d say bobcat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pic is blurry due to it being a cell cam but to me it looks like a mountain lion. What do you guys think?

I’m not from the area. How common would it be to see a cougar?

I’m not from the area. How common would it be to see a cougar?

A cougar would be pretty uncommon to see regardless of geography, just because the species does better in lower population density. I’m pretty much convinced that this is a bobcat as well. If seeing cougars gets to be “common”, there’s almost as big of a problem as if they were in danger of extinction, from an ecological standpoint.

Back