• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What I'm hunting

That is buckzilla!! Wow I hope you harvest that big boy!!!

Is that a scrape he's working right there? Set up on that sucker when the wind is right!!!

Man that little guy I thought you had something worth shooting I will just come up there and cull that guy out for you so you can focus on a biggun!!!!

I've got a unique opportunity on a tiny slice of deer heaven. The guy that owns the land is the father of my passed best friend. He has a treac and doesn't shoot much but manages the land. He text me out of the blue and asked if I wanted to bowhunt. I didn't see the pic until I got there.

I'm stictly saddle hunting. Tomorrow it's supposed to blow, so he's going to take me around on his side by side so I can preset. Pretty much going 3/8" bore bit and grade 8 bolts. I set tonight with the Treehopper hand drill. Worked well.

Did I mention I need a platform?

Last edited:
I used to drill holes to use bolts as preset platforms. It works but I found I needed to go higher as the leaves fell so started presetting the climbing and carrying my platform in and out. You could always use bolts and drill a ring of steps. They aren’t super comfy but there are plenty of pedal style additions to make them more comfortable including some sold by treehopper.

I typically use a ROS. All the Cranfords I have I may use, but want a platform to pack. Getting in and out quiet is key here.

Back