• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What is your method for sharpening broadhead s?

ofor

I bought new Muzzy One broadheads this year and sharpened them before using them in the field. After one shot, the feel very dull. I’ve tried sharpening them again but I just can’t seem to put a good edge on them again. What is your technique for sharpening your broadheads?

Just did this yesterday, used a chainsaw chain file 5/32 did a good job $1.82 for file.

For my G5 Montec's, I bought a $5 two sided stone (100 and 240 grit I believe) from local Ace Hardware, and a Smith Diamand Hone (the $12 one), and they get mine sharper than I will ever need, I just make sure I use them with water, seems to work really great for me.

Back