• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What knee pads do you use for an all day sit?

OFFSHORE

For those who use knee pads for your saddle sits, what has been the most comfortable for you? Thanks.

I had the Arc’s but just got the new Trophyline Knee savers and I like them much better. The Arc’s walk better but the TL pads feel better in the tree.

I have been digging the Therm-a-rest Z sitting cushion attached to the tree instead of wearing knee pads. Comfy, cheap, and ultra lightweight.

i use a cheap pair from home depot. just got the trophyline ones too. pros n cons to each but for an all day sit the cheap ones. the trophlylines kill my knees after about 5 min. theyre not soft enough. they are quiet and grab the tree though. i might put some memory foam on the inside and see if that helps.

the cheapo ones are awesome on my knees i can sit all day n not feel a thing. but they have hard plastic on the front and are harder to grab the tree and can be loud on the bark n bumping things... my .02

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. I'm thinking the Therm-O-Seat thing myself. . .maybe folding it in half with a strap sewn in the middle. It would give double the cushion and stay on the strap while it is being strapped around the tree. Something to experiment with.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm thinking the Therm-O-Seat thing myself. . .maybe folding it in half with a strap sewn in the middle. It would give double the cushion and stay on the strap while it is being strapped around the tree. Something to experiment with.

This works very well...folding in half gives even more support when needed. I secure it with paracord and cam jam.
Usually don’t need it folded over though as it’s generally comfy enough completely unfolded.

For an all day sit, I doubt if you could get a more comfortable pad than this DIY pad that you can build yourself.

Cheap, bulky and a pain to walk in but super comfortable.
View attachment 36224
Theyre all a pain to walk in... i just clip mine to my platform til i get to the tree now. I had some old skateboarding knee pads from back in my shreddin days :cool: . Those actually dont feel too bad moving around in from what i can remember... but we were always pretty goosed up so who knows. The hard plastic sucks on the front though.

So, what do people look for in a good kneepad? I would have thought that a Home Depot tile installer gel-type thing would be the way to go - grippy and quiet and all - but I keep seeing the hard-shell Arcteryx type. I would expect these would slide off the tree and make noise. So why are people making the choices they are?

I have the same question because I was thinking of stopping at the Harbor Freight on the way home and grabbing some of the cheap knee pads for flooring and such and then painting them. Isn't the rubber better?

So, what do people look for in a good kneepad? I would have thought that a Home Depot tile installer gel-type thing would be the way to go - grippy and quiet and all - but I keep seeing the hard-shell Arcteryx type. I would expect these would slide off the tree and make noise. So why are people making the choices they are?
The Arc’teryx are molded to your knee and flex when you walk, they're lightweight and not bulky. I've never had any issues with them slipping on trees and making noise. I suppose you could put some tape on them if it was an issue.

Harbor freight 12$ silicon with rubber straps

Attachments

• 5EF52DF0-D9BB-447C-8D11-313BDA6F0C96.jpeg
    5EF52DF0-D9BB-447C-8D11-313BDA6F0C96.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 225
Back