• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What platform?

JBrenner

Being my first season using a saddle, what platform is everyone using? I originally thought about using a few extra wild edge steps, but after some practice I didnt particularity care for them as a platform. Is the predator worth the money, anyone know if they are still on back order? I didnt see anything on the website.

I would recommend the Predator. I ordered my predator and received it within two weeks. I tried using my steps as a platform but that was not sufficient for me, I tried screw in steps but that was hard on the arch of my foot, and lastly I landed on the predator and I enjoy it. For what my experience is worth (not much) the predator has made the transition smoother.

Is it worth the money? That's a personal call. I'd say yes, but mine was a christmas gift.

Was it worth the wait? Mine took 6 MONTHS from order to receipt, so I would say no. I think they have improved their delivery process, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Basically they sent it signature required. It got returned bc nobody was there to sign. Tethrd had us reorder the platform and did not honor the discount code used previously. I was not involved in the ordering process, but I was disappointed when I was informed of what the wife went through to get one for me.

I used WE steps last year and they worked good. Got a predator and definitely 10x better. Now I just keep the WE steps in case I need a couple extra steps higher in the tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've stood on a predator platform and it's solid, however for my purchase I picked up a Ridge Runner from Out on a Limb. I was up in a tree with it yesterday and i'm super happy with that platform as it saved me a few bucks, and it's a slight tad wider than the Predator.

Trying Artisan Outdoors mini platform with Heliums at the moment.
How do you like the mini platform with helium sticks any issues with side pressure I purchased a set of Hawk Helium sticks and considering purchasing the Artisan platform any info will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

I like my predator a lot. Haven’t tried any others. I wouldn’t want a platform that I couldn’t stand fully on and rotate. Makes the weak side shot simple with not a lot of movement.

I’ve only got about 45 minutes of ground-level time on the Predator, but I’m impressed. I wear size 11 boots but I’m kinda tiny, so I dare say it’s roomy for me.
Tethrd’s customer service leaves a lot to be desired, to be absolutely sure. But I believe they offer the best platform.

That said, the Ridge Runner is super slick, and Matt is an absolute gem. That dude will hook you up with some downright service.
Good luck!

Lone Wolf hand climber is a good platform - but ideally you should strap it down to keep it from moving...I climb with mine and just bungee the straps to each other on my side of the tree and it works good....

Less than 2 weeks before season I decided I wanted a 'cam over' style platform so decided to try a Podium. I called out on a limb mfg and talked to the guy himself and he said he would ship a podium to me that day if I went ahead and ordered...I did and had it in 5 days....I had a predator last year so wanted to try something different....The podium is about 4 inches wider than the predator but they are both very solid platforms but a little small to me - but small is what some want and they are nice to pack in......

I wish someone would come out with a cam over style platform 16" wide and about 16" deep - which would be about 6 inches 'deeper' than the podium and predator....I've found that even with the slightest of tree lean or a slightly crooked section in the tree, and sometime that slight lean or crook is on the side of the tree I want to be on for cover and shot position, if you don't stay on the 'high side' of the lean or crook, all of these platforms make it a bit hairy(to me) to turn around on them to shoot to the right due to not being wide enough front to back. Some would say now you're talking about tree stand size and not a platform but that size would make a world of difference to me in usability and ease of shooting to the right.....

Just been "test driving" the mini platform,not hunted with it yet but it seems good for a shorter than all day hunt. No problems with side pressure,

Back