• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What size asmsteel daisy chain for predator?

DC10

What is the recommended amsteel for a daisy chain that will be used for the predator platform? 7/64 or 1/4?

I started with 7/64 which I think is plenty strong (1,600 lbs), but decided to go with 1/8 (2,500 lbs) to give me a margin of error, and there's no appreciable weight/bulk difference between the two. 1/4 (8,600) would seem to be overkill, that's what I"m using for my bridge and it's noticeably bulkier than the 1/8.

I started with 7/64 which I think is plenty strong (1,600 lbs), but decided to go with 1/8 (2,500 lbs) to give me a margin of error, and there's no appreciable weight/bulk difference between the two. 1/4 (8,600) would seem to be overkill, that's what I"m using for my bridge and it's noticeably bulkier than the 1/8.
Knowing that either size is plenty strong, does amsteel size play any role in how sturdy the platform will cam over.

Kind of resurrecting an old post but does anyone know if the load on the daisy chain is approaching what the amsteel is rated for when you cam it over to tighten it? That plus body weight may approach 800-1200lbs of load if I had to guess. thoughts?

Back