• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What would you do?

Davis21

I may be wrong but these sure look like signposts rubs. Only sign I found in a little public piece of timber that has a crp field to the south and East. Has large ag field to the north and just open timber lowland type terrain to the west. Open timber eventually runs into huge tract of public ground. I walked the edge of crp to just see if I could find a shed or two and ran into this? No other sign within 100 yards or so. No acorn trees, just open poplars and gym trees. Found two cedar trees that both had these runs in em? Y’all think it’s be worth hunting these signposts?or you think they just made at night?

Here is picture of what I believe is a signpost rub, what y’all think?

Attachments

• F8FFBAF8-F1F6-4B7B-A69D-EB1B74CEBD38.jpeg
    F8FFBAF8-F1F6-4B7B-A69D-EB1B74CEBD38.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 88
I would say so. Its definitely a multi year rub.
It doesn't mean it huntable though. Gotta figure out what time of the day that bucks come through there.

Usually it’s at a hub type point where a few trails meet. Prob a worthwhile spot to hunt or out a cam on. If it’s an active doe area those bucks will damn sure show up during the day when the time is right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was kinda surprised. It’s a rock throw from the busiest road on the parcel. No thick bedding areas, open timber with open fields. May be worth a camera location. I just feel like given the pressure of the area these are probably laid down really late at night ??

Attachments

• 0871E725-F4A7-4B52-89A7-B68F7BEE510F.jpeg
    0871E725-F4A7-4B52-89A7-B68F7BEE510F.jpeg
    979.3 KB · Views: 19
Close to road is no big deal but if there’s no bedding then yeah it’s late sign. I thought it was next to CRP?

I was kinda surprised. It’s a rock throw from the busiest road on the parcel. No thick bedding areas, open timber with open fields. May be worth a camera location. I just feel like given the pressure of the area these are probably laid down really late at night ??
Some of the most mind blowing buck sign is made at night. Guys find it and get all excited thinking they've found the pot of gold and they set up on it and proceed to over-hunt the crap out of it. They leave a ton of residual odor behind that bucks detect an hour after dark. What do you think the chances are that an educated buck will ever show up in that spot before dark?
I'm convinced that, in highly pressured areas, the more hunt-worthy locations are not always on the heaviest sign...the better spot is often adjacent to the heavy sign.

Close to road is no big deal but if there’s no bedding then yeah it’s late sign. I thought it was next to CRP?

Area directly to south is about a 7-8 acre field that I’m calling Crp. Bout waist high overgrown hayfield

Some of the most mind blowing buck sign is made at night. Guys find it and get all excited thinking they've found the pot of gold and they set up on it and proceed to over-hunt the crap out of it. They leave a ton of residual odor behind that bucks detect an hour after dark. What do you think the chances are that an educated buck will ever show up in that spot before dark?
I'm convinced that, in highly pressured areas, the more hunt-worthy locations are not always on the heaviest sign...the better spot is often adjacent to the heavy sign.
I agree. Due to lack of other sign and the fact that’s it’s next to a huge soybean field to the East, I’m guessing it’s made at night

Back